LegacyGT.com

Tried to take him...

I went head to head against a V-8 Camaro today, not sure what spec though. My car bogged a little (auto trans) so he pulled ahead but couldn't pull on me 'til about 80. His car was working for all it was worth! I'm rather proud of the Gt for putting up a respectable fight.

It was the last gen camaro, not sure what year, not at the track. There is this dumb ass merge lane on the road home from work, and sometimes people put up a fight if you are the first ones at the light:)

Somehow I can't picture an LS1 having trouble with our car, although I have seen just as many stock LS1's trapping 100-101 as I have trapping 106-107. There seems to be a wide range of power for them from the factory.

An LT1, especially auto, would make more sense in this situation. Depending on the year, some trapped 98-101 so that'd put them in line with our cars and make for an interesting race.

My wife has an '02 LS1-powered Z28 convertible with 6 speed manual. I have an '05 GT wagon with auto. It's not even a race.

My LGT is totally stock, her LS1 has lid, exhaust, reflash and puts down nearly 315 rwhp. The Z28 spends its winter in the garage. The GT spends its winter looking for snow.

Two completely different cars for two completely different purposes.

I've had no problem in her car with a few STi's, Evo's, and SRT-4's. I'm sure most of these were box stock. I know the potential of the above-mentioned cars. As well I know the potential of her LS1.

I was driving home last night and saw a black 4th generation Z28 in front of me. It's nearly impossible to tell if it's LT1 or LS1 powered from the rear view. I crept up in front and saw it was an LT1. I tried pimping him, but he wouldn't bite. LOL

I was driving home last night and saw a black 4th generation Z28 in front of me. It's nearly impossible to tell if it's LT1 or LS1 powered from the rear view. I crept up in front and saw it was an LT1. I tried pimping him, but he wouldn't bite. LOL

That is true. On a Trans Am, honeycomb tail lights mean its an LS1.

With a Z28, however, best way to know is to view the front headlights.

lgt is no joke up until about 80mph when the gearing in the m5 eats a dick. That's usually when you'll get pulled on... I can hang with my ls1 buds up until about then. The lgt is certainly quick for what it is.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

Guest *Jedimaster*
lgt is no joke up until about 80mph when the gearing in the m5 eats a dick. That's usually when you'll get pulled on... I can hang with my ls1 buds up until about then. The lgt is certainly quick for what it is.

You must have some pretty quick cars- I don't go over 80 all that often, but I've had my XT up there a bit and the thing doesn't feel like it's eating a dick at all.

well, you know the g-forces you feel in 1st and 2nd? when you hit third roughly they go away... that's what I meant by eating a dick... it still does pull but nothing like it did with the 1-2 gear ratios. Top end this lil car can hang pretty good. I've recently beaten a newer GT, and a older cobra (on .95 bar). Also I was driving down the road one evening and passed a friend in his evo. he gave me a car and the kick from a 40 roll and I gained a car at the end. That is why they call this car a sleeper. It is pretty fun. :)

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

Archived