LegacyGT.com

DIY: LCA bushings

Interesting. I'll bring my spindle socket and whiteline bushing to work tomorrow to measure with calipers. If I understand what you're saying, the socket wouldn't even fit inside the empty bushing hole in the control arm. Another way of saying it is that it wouldn't be able to push out the original bushing because the socket was too large.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Correct, unless you force the larger socket through the LCA and potentially damage the arm. I'm curious what your calipers measure the socket.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Correct, unless you force the larger socket through the LCA and potentially damage the arm. I'm curious what your calipers measure the socket.

My socket measured 59.45mm in outer diameter, which was just inside the 60mm inner diameter of the control arm hole.

So it sounds like some manufacturing differences make this socket hit or miss. That sucks! 2e93e80b6507c77677e7ae6ae73ee726.jpg

I should have went with poly bushings this time around but I bought a pair of loaded LCAs and will swap them whole arms. I may try this on the OEM arms as the rubber bushing on these cars fail fast like every 30K miles fast.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
My socket measured 59.45mm in outer diameter, which was just inside the 60mm inner diameter of the control arm hole.

So it sounds like some manufacturing differences make this socket hit or miss. That sucks! 2e93e80b6507c77677e7ae6ae73ee726.jpg

If you look at the printing on the sockets they are different. You also purchased a year before the other person, so it looks like if you find old stock you may get lucky. I'm going to try my autozone and see if I get lucky, will bring my caliper to make sure.

Anyone have any ideas for a receiver/base that would work with this?

On another note, i was actually just looking for the part number for the AVO, when I came across this little bit of info. The part number is AVO S2X0491OA001T

Archived