LegacyGT.com

Oil pump

I don't believe that is standard proceedure when replacing a timing belt.

I didn't replace it when I did mine.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You already have a dash light that comes on when oil pressure hits 2psi. You can add a second sensor in parallel with a 15 psi N.O. sensor like a Hobbs. Really good idea IF you are worried.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I have the oil press gauge, usually max about 6kpa, cold start at 7kpa, ... I want something that when the pump fails the whole car will shut off immediately :eek:

so you guys dont recommend changing out the new pump? :confused:

You can probably wire up a Hobbs switch with a big relay to kill IGN power when the switch closes. Not sure if you need to kill just one or both IGN power wires, but won't be hard to figure out. As far as electronics goes, wouldn't be too difficult vs anything else that requires adding in something. I would add in a bypass switch to override it if it fails.

Alternatively, you could hook up a noise maker of some sort in addition to the oil pressure light, so you as pilot could know to first get to a safe place (very very quickly) before you turn the key ONE click. You lose power everything at that point, so it might be less dangerous to keep your engine on in some situations :)

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Archived