LegacyGT.com

After DP installed a cloud of black smoke comes out

OGHK87Jay

After DP installed a cloud of black smoke comes out when I start up my car it happens for a few seconds then goes away. Any idea what is going on? I hook up the accessport to see if there is any codes and it doesn't display any.

Could be that you are just rich at start up. Who did the tune? If its OTS Cobb could just be that.

Mike my tune is from rallitek. Sean did the tune I mean my stage one didnt have the problem. Actually the smoke is white I just noticed this morning. White smoke is better then black right? and i havent done my 30k tune up yet either. Could that be the problem too? Plus the size of my exhaust piping is a wierd size that might be it? 2.75" its not mated up right fitment wise to the dp becuase it was custom done and mated to prodrives.

Mike my tune is from rallitek. Sean did the tune I mean my stage one didnt have the problem. Actually the smoke is white I just noticed this morning. White smoke is better then black right? and i havent done my 30k tune up yet either. Could that be the problem too? Plus the size of my exhaust piping is a wierd size that might be it? 2.75" its not mated up right fitment wise to the dp becuase it was custom done and mated to prodrives.

White is worse then black, White is usually coolant/water. What are the temps over there, is it cool in the morning? You sure its not just steam from a cool morning?

White=Coolant

Black=Rich too much fuel

grey/light blue=Oil

White is worse then black, White is usually coolant/water. What are the temps over there, is it cool in the morning? You sure its not just steam from a cool morning?

White=Coolant

Black=Rich too much fuel

grey/light blue=Oil

The temp is the usual temperature, little below half way marker on the engine temp like always. Well when I slapped on my lightened agency power pulley the coolant did over flow frome the over flow tank but i refilled it back to the normal level. but the smoke happens on and off. It only happens in the morning or when the car has been sitting for more that 4hrs but the smoke is getting less and less im not sure whether or not to ignore it (no overheating no codes off the obd). Im sure its not steam because the smoke smells like Sh*t like something is burnt. In the mornings its cool its like 70s outside.

If its white and does not smell "sweet" (glycol tends to have a sweet smell) it could be something burning off still. But not likely.

Would check fluid levels. Make sure no puddle of left over coolant in the block crevices (around upipe is where it likes to hide).

I checked the levels its fine its actually a little higher then normal in the overflow tank and looked in the crevice where the upipe no puddle there and the smell is not sweet it smells like raw burn charcoal or something close to that. Crossing my fingers I'll leave it alone for a week and see if itll dissapear before my 30k maintance. if its occuring then I'll take off the dp and reinstall it. Im thinking there could be something in the exhuast. Ive near checked everything up, down, left and right. Could be I've dissinagrated a gasket.

This. Water is a byproduct of the combustion process.

Its not water and Im sure of it. The smell is close to my castrol motor oil burning smell but its not an oil leak either I checked the lines. This smoke is thick smoke and very white. Like when i mean thick there is a huge cloud of it. Its not see through like the one that comes out with the water vapor that one is really light which is light cloud.

Its not water and Im sure of it. The smell is close to my castrol motor oil burning smell but its not an oil leak either I checked the lines. This smoke is thick smoke and very white. Like when i mean thick there is a huge cloud of it. Its not see through like the one that comes out with the water vapor that one is really light which is light cloud.

Any chance your oil is a bit overfull? The dealer overfilled my car once and I freaked out when i got a cloud of smoke out the exhaust on startup untill it was drained to the proper level.

Any chance your oil is a bit overfull? The dealer overfilled my car once and I freaked out when i got a cloud of smoke out the exhaust on startup untill it was drained to the proper level.

Im sure its not overfull i havent added any oil since my last oil change which was almost 5k mi the damn dip stick still says full. this is driving me crazy. It stinks up my garage like really bad. :iam::soap_box:

Did you just say you have NOT changed your oil in 5000 miles? Cuase dude you got more problems than smoke coming if you use those intervals regularly, lol.

Yea I just said i have changed my oil in 5000 miles. This aint my normal routine in oil change Ive just been really busy. I usually change oil every 3k and add a quart of oil every 1200.

Archived