LegacyGT.com

car wont reflash, somethings disconnected

bdickey058

So my car wont reflash, wont through itself into test mode at all. there must be something disconnected. and i was wondering if you guys had any clue to what it would be. i did have a system put in my car awhile back and they messed up the wiring harness a bit but yea, anyone have any clue what to look for?

yea car drives fine. no problems at all. but when they hooked up my system the retard was pushing all the cables through the firewall with a screwdriver and ripped a bunch of wires apart. they soldered them all back together supposivly and yea. thats about all i know. i was wondering if anybody new where those wires run to. like could i fallow the green wires and see if there disconnected. bc when i go to reflash the car reacts as if the green connectors are not connect. the ap simply cant read them.

I would try to trace the wires, and also take a real good look at what exactly they soldered and if it was done correctly (don't take their word for it).

Just a hunch, but I think the stereo install mess up is directly correlated to why you cannot reflash your ecu.

thats what i'm thinking. i called cobb today and they said there is also a green connectors on the driver side by the obd plug in and i looked and took off all the plastic underneath the drivers panel and there was nothing. does cobb know whats going on?

I have an accessport and also a 2005 LGT I never had to do anything, but plug in the AP on the drivers side. I would say the person you were speaking to was probably confused a little. Unless you want to pay someone to take a look at what you have going on I would just start checking out those things I mentioned earlier.

Good Luck man sounds like a drag, I really hope its something super easy!

Will the car not going into test mode at all? Are the fans cycling? If you have the green plugs connected and nothing is happening, my guess is that the wiring is still damaged in some way. That might be a costly fix. As much as this might be distasteful, I would consider taking it to the dealership, but they may just want to put a new harness in it...

Travis

COBB Tuning

• 2 weeks later...
took my car to the audio shop that put in my system. they looked everything over and came up with nothing besides there is corrosion on a restrictor thats down by the ecu? anyone have any clue what this is? i need to get this car figured out. also how would the car act if the ecu was locked. when i try to reflash would it say something on my ap?

Have you looked at the green connectors on the passengers side closely, to make sure a wire is not loose, on one of the contacts? If you can, take a picture of them, up close and maybe you'll find your issue.

Archived