LegacyGT.com

Looking into buying a 93 Legacy L

definitely ask if there's been any recent work done to it. I'm not too familiar with the older legacys, but I'm going to imagine that it has the 2.2 in it? And fwd was common back then, as this was before subaru decided to go with awd for all of their models.

It has a timing belt. The EJ22 is an awesome motor that didnt have any problems. Timing belt should be replaced at 110k. Sounds like the car is due for one right about now. The timing belt job costs about 1-1.5k from a shop or you can do it for about 250ish and a weekend.

It has a timing belt. The EJ22 is an awesome motor that didnt have any problems. Timing belt should be replaced at 110k. Sounds like the car is due for one right about now. The timing belt job costs about 1-1.5k from a shop or you can do it for about 250ish and a weekend.

1000to 1500?

and its a pretty easy job. the right tools aways make a difference and u can rent them at the local auto parts store. might want to do the water pump while ur at it. that year 2.2 is a phase 1 pretty decent motor real easy to work on.

Just an FYI, you had the right forum the first time. The car you're looking into is in fact a first gen Legacy. I only mention it because the first gen forums are really slow, and we appreciate all the traffic we can get. ;)

Its so slow that I've recently started trolling around on these 2nd gen forums myself, and I don't even own a second gen! :eek::lol:

Archived