LegacyGT.com

The Magic Number

OH YEAH!....It only took me 5 days to make it too this point...Now it's time to test the rev limiter I guess? (after I change my oil tomorrow). I'll be posting pics of the ride ASAP - I've been too busy driving around. :D :D :D

MagicNumber.jpg.2401272fc6ffa34e9ab3c53e9941f5f7.jpg

OH YEAH!....It only took me 5 days to make it too this point...Now it's time to test the rev limiter I guess? (after I change my oil tomorrow). I'll be posting pics of the ride ASAP - I've been too busy driving around. :D :D :D

You took a pic of your 1000 mile mark at 65mph! :eek: Looks like I won't be driving in your neck of the woods...all those crazy drivers out there. ;)

-S

looks like you got a new house when you got the car, or i hope so, the grass needs some lovin' :D

I'm closing on the house in 2 weeks. The lawn is priority #2 after I properly hook-up the garage floor with a black and white checker board paint job.

You waited that long to redline it?

I thought the manual was kind of like those yellow signs along the side of the road, you know, 35mph turn (really means like 60.)

Subaru should give me a reward for being so anal with the break in...Never above 3500 RPM, and I drove it so gently that I got over 28 MPG on the first 2 tanks. I guess my days of good gas mileage are over now. :cool:

Subaru should give me a reward for being so anal with the break in...Never above 3500 RPM, and I drove it so gently that I got over 28 MPG on the first 2 tanks. I guess my days of good gas mileage are over now. :cool:

Good to see some people still recognize the break-in period.

GTSpeed, where in syracuse are you? I'm in manlius. I went to Bill Rapp today and everyone was very nice. Test drive was super. I love the small steering wheel for the Legacy, it's like driving a go-cart.

Wait, I thought break-in was 4000 rpm until 1000 miles!

http://home.comcast.net/~nlehmann/leg/breakin.jpg

:D

-Nick

HA...THAT's exactly what my picture would have looked like at 1001 miles. As soon as I put the camera down, I threw it into 4th and took it to 95MPH!

GTSpeed, where in syracuse are you? I'm in manlius. I went to Bill Rapp today and everyone was very nice. Test drive was super. I love the small steering wheel for the Legacy, it's like driving a go-cart.

I live downtown...I just finished at Upstate Medical. I'm moving to Pennsylvania next month. I almost bought my car at Bill Rapp, but decided on getting it at the dealership in PA where I'll be living for the next 5 years. If you're gonna get the car at Bill Rapp, let me know. With a little negotiating, they had a smoking price for the car...

I recommend lowering springs first!:D

http://www.rosso-web.com/LEGACY.HTM

How's the ride quality? I thought I would definately do springs, but the car is already low, and the wheel well gap isn't bad IMO. It does look even sweeter lowered though. Did you go with Pinks? Are you worried about wearing out the stock shocks very quickly, or did you change them too? :rolleyes:

I live downtown...I just finished at Upstate Medical. I'm moving to Pennsylvania next month. I almost bought my car at Bill Rapp, but decided on getting it at the dealership in PA where I'll be living for the next 5 years. If you're gonna get the car at Bill Rapp, let me know. With a little negotiating, they had a smoking price for the car...

Hank, a nice guy at Bill Rapp offered me $1500 below invoice without even negotiating. They are moving quite a lot of Legacies with their killer deals.

Stay out of South Jersey.....95MPH while focusing a camera on the speedo. :eek:

Although it's a good idea to stay out of South Jersey, my passenger took the photo.

If you like that one, you'll love this (from my previous '01 GTI 1.8T). Yes it's real, not a photoshop:

http://home.comcast.net/~nlehmann/pics/gti/hundred.jpg

-Nick

Hank, a nice guy at Bill Rapp offered me $1500 below invoice without even negotiating. They are moving quite a lot of Legacies with their killer deals.

If that's the car you want, that's a no brainer... I'm loving mine every day! :D

Archived