LegacyGT.com

2005 Chevy Impala - woof

I just got back from a trip down to Austin and had a 2005 Chevy Impala 3.4L as a rental. What a dog. If it only had a better engine, transmission, brakes, suspension, wheels and tires it would probably be a nice car. My in-laws have a 2001 and I didn't like their car either. In heavy traffic it was pedal to the floor to get that beast moving.

I bet the SS version with the 5.3L could actually be a nice large car but they would have to do a lot to it to make it drivable. Anyone driven the new SS?

I guess I just missed my Legacy...gotta go take her for a ride!

I just got back from a trip down to Austin and had a 2005 Chevy Impala 3.4L as a rental. What a dog. If it only had a better engine, transmission, brakes, suspension, wheels and tires it would probably be a nice car. My in-laws have a 2001 and I didn't like their car either. In heavy traffic it was pedal to the floor to get that beast moving.

I bet the SS version with the 5.3L could actually be a nice large car but they would have to do a lot to it to make it drivable. Anyone driven the new SS?

I guess I just missed my Legacy...gotta go take her for a ride!

i know exactly how you feel. i had an '05 as well as a rental when i had a business trip up in michigan almost 2 months ago. to add insult to injury, it was snowing. the only thing i enjoyed while driving that piece of shite, was ebraking and swinging the ass out into turns.

My gf has an 01. It's not THAT bad, but it's not great either...As a Impala fan(B-body style), they dissapointed a lot of people when they cam out with the new body style. The new SS's are pretty quick. Mid-high 14's. There's a guy on impalaclub.com running low 12's on the stock BOTTOM end! It's sick. It sounds like an eight cylinder, and the whine from the S/C is like a cobra's with a pulley. The newer ones are even more dissapointing. Still FWD, and now they're throwing a 5.3L v8 transversly mounted in it? wtf? It's going the way of the Taurus sho. The car was slower with the 8 than the 6.

and GM's stop-gap solution to that much power going to the front wheels is to put wider tires on the FRONT and keep the narrower on the back (Grand Prix GXP too).. I bet that will look incredibly stupid.. I wonder what the handling will be like..

Archived