LegacyGT.com

How many people have swapped to an sti intake Manifold?

highwaydrifter

Yes, I was in the process of installing a GT30R setup on mine. Though I am now considering installing it on my '91 Legacy Turbo sedan instead. The Legacy has been a real pain to modify and I dont like not being able to drive a brand new car.

And yes I have and was going to use the STi TMIC, though mine is a Version 7 STi TMIC (Which is said to be larger and more efficent than the USDM TMIC).

-Matt

the fuel pump is what is killing you huh?

what issues have you run into that have stalled the project out?

Yep, fuel pump as well as waiting for PE to get the parts to me that were not included that should have been. Also the fact that the stock MAF doesnt like big turbos too much so the Intake will have to be resdesigned. I have mainly stopped due to shortage of funds for the project.

-Matt

hmm the perrin big maf should take care of the maf issues shouldnt it? not sure on the voltage of the unit but i assume it would work..

PE??

power enterprise?

waiting on injectors?

I am thinking of starting to square away some parts to do a build maybe this coming winter...

Yes, PE stands for Power Enterprise. I wouldnt recommend anyone buy their crap parts. They will not stand behind their products and will not do what needs to be done to make a mistake on their part right.

The Perrin MAF will not help me with my intake issue. The MAF needs to be further away from the turbo than what it currently is with the intake provided. If the MAF is too close then you will see issues at idle since the turbo will actually still be spinning, due to the fact that the GT30R is ball bearing. I am currently working on making a custom intake using an oversized TurboXS MAF housing.

-Matt

PE 850 injecotrs have been used by many people including me with no problems.

I expect you had a bad experiance ? A lot of that depends on who you bought them from - if Vivid they are very bad. PE is Japaneese so domestic support is not great.

Even Perrin occasionally has problems with their injectors but they try very hard to take care of their customers.

I have an extra set of new PE 850s in the boxes ,if you need them quickly PM me.

I got the PE injectors from one of PE's main US distributors. I got the injectors and one of them were missing the aluminum adapter ring and the rubber o-rings. Without those items the injectors can not be installed properly. I know how buisness works. I have a shop of my own and I know about customer service and how important it is to have good customer service in order to have a good buisness.

I say I wouldnt recommend anyone else buy PE injectors, because there are much better options out there from companys who offer much better customer service.

I have been around Subaru's for a LONG time, so I definitely know about Vivid. Thanks.

-Matt

Considering I have covered it atleast 5 times..... YES.

In a nut shell, NO it isnt a BOLT ON. Requires a turbo and intercooler swap. And if you get any STi Intake other than the USDM STi one then you will need an adapter to make it work.

-Matt

Archived