LegacyGT.com

Installed 02' WRX Scooby Sport Exhaust on 05 Legacy

jedd

I got my mid pipe adaptor last week from Rallyperfomance. This enabled me to use my WRX UP,DP and mid pipe. The part was less than 100.00 and everything fit fairly well. I have to put it back on the lift tomorrow as the firewall needs to be pushed in a little farther to accomodate the rex DP. I also need to fabricate a longer bracket to hold the midpipe. No big deal considering I saved a boatload. I was going to ebay the whole exhaust, glad I didn't.

As far as performance, I don't know yet. I am being ginger until I get things right. I can however say that spool is reduced to nil and I am chomping at the bit to stomp on it. Oh well patience is a virtue... NOT!

I'll update tomorrow night. It's a f-n blizzard here anyway! April showers my arse!

Chad

Well I got everything tightned down yesterday. What a difference. Smoother power. A little throatier and easier to drive with the decreased lag.

I have not smelled the raw gas I have heard some people talk of.

Final fitment is great.

I got my mid pipe adaptor last week from Rallyperfomance. This enabled me to use my WRX UP,DP and mid pipe. The part was less than 100.00 and everything fit fairly well. I have to put it back on the lift tomorrow as the firewall needs to be pushed in a little farther to accomodate the rex DP. I also need to fabricate a longer bracket to hold the midpipe. No big deal considering I saved a boatload. I was going to ebay the whole exhaust, glad I didn't.

As far as performance, I don't know yet. I am being ginger until I get things right. I can however say that spool is reduced to nil and I am chomping at the bit to stomp on it. Oh well patience is a virtue... NOT!

I'll update tomorrow night. It's a f-n blizzard here anyway! April showers my arse!

Chad

Let me know how it goes with denting back the firewall. I tried to wack mine back a bit to accomodate an Invidia DP with no luck whatsoever. Otherwise it would seem to line up pretty well.

Let me know how it goes with denting back the firewall. I tried to wack mine back a bit to accomodate an Invidia DP with no luck whatsoever. Otherwise it would seem to line up pretty well.

There is something very weird about the difference in clearance from the MT to the 5EAT. I have the TXS DP which is probably the largest there is and I have like 1.5in of clearance from the firewall. Rao can attest. :lol:

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

We pushed in the firewall as best as possible. We also put a couple of dings in the DP. It is still pretty close, but I have not heard any knocking yet. Ken @ RP said that some will fit better than others. Mine is a MT.

I am putting on the CEL fix today or tomorrow, I will take pics then. It goes between the midpipe and back cat. Rallyperformane is supossed to stock this item although it took a month or so to get mine. They should have'em now. 79.00 + Shipping http://www.rallyperformance.com/Legacyhome.htm

It is not tomorrow yet. Unless you live in Fiji. I am in C-Town So I will put them up in the afternoon. Patience is a virtue. Just ask the Rabbit

I did have a check engine the first day. I was cruising at 60 for about 10 minutes. It always seems to happen when I have been maintaining speed for a while. Even on my wrx with the cel fix. I reset the CEL and it has not come on for over a week now. (I probably just jinxed myself)

I do hear a little flutter here and there. Not all the time. I really hear the turbo spool with the Perrin flat panel, up and dp. Now I need my AP. Can't wait.

Stock Mufflers. I did not want the noise I had in the rex. Neither did my wife. Besides I like thje way the stocks sound nice and throaty unclogged.

Chad

Archived