LegacyGT.com

Maddad Velocity Headers and Uppipe Installed w/ Pics **56K warning**

One has nothing to do with the other.

Compressor efficiency is based on the pressure levels and CFM.

So by lowering EGT we have the potential to boost more before we leave the turbo's optimal efficiency range?

Don't they have coated headers and up-pipe now? Also, I never realized their up-pipe was such a change in diameter compared to the stocker. That must hurt spool-up a bit since the velocity drops compared to stock...

I don't think they loose velocity since they are bigger. They are called "velocity headers" because they have a design inside to help speed the velocity up. I am not a technical mechanic for desighn, but I know that the boost really did not drop.

I was ready to purchase the headers until I found out the headers will not work with my brand new COBB UP:( I was told the Maddad header must be used with the Maddad UP.. Any suggestions for a Un-equal header that I can use with my COBB UP?
Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

To be fair, my MR headers were ceramic coated which now they don't recommend, but mine did crack at the collector (I purchased them a few years back, but just put them on about a year ago). Again, maybe they'll be ok without the coating.

Honestly, I think I'm going back to stock manifold (getting Grimmspeed port and polish) just so I don't have to worry about cracking. Trading a little performance for maintainability.

I don't think they loose velocity since they are bigger. They are called "velocity headers" because they have a design inside to help speed the velocity up. I am not a technical mechanic for desighn, but I know that the boost really did not drop.

i think you meant to say the header has velocity stack(s) in it. velocity stacks help prevent air flowing in the wrong direction. they don't speed up the velocity persay, they just ensure that the air continues to move in the correct direction which would result in faster spool or faster exit depending on which application we are talking about.

nice pics though thank you for sharing. did you say you were giong to post up a full review on it somewhere?

-Luke

Hey, if any of you guys are around, how in the world do you get the two UP to turbo nuts off that are basically under the turbo/coolant lines? I can get a short box end wrench on one, but it's stripping/rounding off the nut (can only get the open end on it). The other nut is virtually completely under the coolant lines and shaft of the turbo...can't get anything in there. Ideas?

• 7 months later...
You guys realize your bumping a thread that was started like 3-4 years ago right? No one is going to respond anymore. The Megan headers are crap. You can buy headers that are just as good on eBay for $80. Ported and polished stockers are the best for reliability. All aftermarket headers crack after time. In my reading Perrin seem to last the longest (maybe 2-3 years). I have a set of Perrin, a set of eBay (M2) and a stock set going out for p&p (Grimmspeed) for when the Perrins die. The eBay set is back up just in case, or until I give them away.

Got you to read it. I just said something because nobody else did. I used it to make my decision on headers. Just because nobody responds doesn't mean people aren't reading it.

I read it because I was subscribed, so it popped up in my subscriptions list. :rolleyes:

Notice, I was the only one to respond so far. :)

Archived