LegacyGT.com

thinking of trading sti for legacy gt

Drew303

My payments on my sti right now are pretty high. I could lease a legacy GT with lower payments for a shorter term. they offered $26,000 on trade and invoice minus dealer cash on the legacy (its an 04 with 13k), Another advantage to this is that I could also get a crotch rocket with the monthly savings in payment. (around $150 a month savings) On one hand, the legacy looks better, rides better, and would attract less attention. On the other hand, the STI is fast as ****, original, and is a very desirable car. I cant decide what to do. help me out!!!

Re-reading your post, it seems that the Legacy is an 04 and not an 05. Did I read this correctly. If that's the case, I can't imagine you being happy with the 04 at all because it's a 168/165 H/T NA engine. There's not enough cost difference in the world that would make me trade an STI for a NA engined car. I have to be reading your post wrong. :eek:

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I would say no way....I would not go non-turbo from and STi...you will NOT be happy. Sell your car outright, not a trade, get more money in it, and then maybe find a WRX for much less money, and go from there.

If it were me, I would keep the STi, you already got it, the more you buy and sell cars that quick, the more money you lose....don't throw it away so soon.

It will definately attract less attention. I had a WRX before the Legacy and NOBODY notices me now. I pulled up right next to a STi the other day at a stop light, I looked over and gave him a friendly nod and he didn't even look at me. It kinda pissed me off.

However, I went against a new Maxima the other day and beat the hell outta him. That was fun. :)

I'm selling my FD and my SUV so I can pick up a LGT.

And it's weird, you seem to have an issue with the high payment of the STi, yet when you trade in, the money you'll be saving you want to go out and buy a motorcycle? Why? Why not just keep the savings for a year or two and make sure you can afford things if the STi payment is too high (dunno your current situation, but just suggesting). :)

I'm selling my FD and my SUV so I can pick up a LGT.

And it's weird, you seem to have an issue with the high payment of the STi, yet when you trade in, the money you'll be saving you want to go out and buy a motorcycle? Why? Why not just keep the savings for a year or two and make sure you can afford things if the STi payment is too high (dunno your current situation, but just suggesting). :)

Hey, in one pocket, out the other. Live for today, dude, the crotch-rocket won't give you too many tomorrows :)

Actually, I agree with zmarko. If your payments are too high on the STI, why blow your expected savings on a bike? The Legacy is a great trade if that's what you're looking to do; I traded mine in on a GT and have absolutely no regrets.

how much did you end up paying for yours? they definately made it worthwhile to get the light interior....

Roughly 28. Like I said, more than I should have. I did get a great deal on a non-GT Wagon for my wife on the Friday before. Plus, we just sold a property in California and I no longer felt like haggling.

Despite allowing myself to get hosed, I really really like this car.

Archived