LegacyGT.com

Painted housing???

Nsaglibene

Well as the title says, has anyone painted thier light housing yet??? My friend painted the housing white,on his white wrx, and it looks pritty cool. I want to see what it would look like on our LGT, especially black. If no one has tried this yet has anyone photochopped it?

BTW: In the second pic thats my friends boosted teg, its got like 265 whp I love that car.

brandonwrx1.jpg.b404cbbc09297bc8dcc8396e842743a0.jpg

brandonwrx3.jpg.506a1de5c95933fb62252d363bdcd9f9.jpg

Damn, I dont know how I over looked that I cleared my lights and looked at that thread a billion times. Looks good, I still dont know though now i need to see it on a OBP LGT. Heh, thanks clash. If anyone has anymore pics keep them coming.

To attach them as thumbnails try this: click "Go Advanced" on the bottom. Scroll down a bit and you'll see this button called "Manage Attachments". Click that and you can upload your pictures there. Hopefully that helps. I believe there's a limit of 160kb/picture and a maximum size constraint of 800x600 (L x W). If that doesn't work, Nsaglibene is willing to have the pictures emailed to him, or you can try a image sharing service such as http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/
-ben

You could paint the entire housing but you would totally kill the effectiveness of the marker/signal. IMO leaving the reflective part around the bulb unpainted is best. I used the Sylvannia siverstars in place of the old lights, they have a cool blue hue to them and flash amber.

oh yeah tail lights have ROCKBLOCKER smoke film on them and fogs have the HID BLUE on them,.. have the HID blue for the whole headlights also.. don't think i wanna put it on though........don't wanna rice it out..........already got asked if the fog light were from advanced auto or factory,. sorta bugged me. so i might remover the blue.........unless some one likes them and maybe wants to trade fogs..

no problem,....it doesn't effect the signal light either, actually at night you can still see the waffel look i guess looks sortta neet actually.....

one question what do ya'll think about me putting the HID Blue rockblocker film on the ehadlights????????? i have it just no sure, don't wanna ricer look to it,. more luxury and stealthy............think the blue headlights would be too much.........

Something to do when you clear that is not mentioned anywhere. You have to either remove the clear reflective piece that the amber connects to or secure it with some hot glue from behind when you reinstall it. Without the amber it will move around a little. I have noticed just a bit of wear on my painted housing from this thing not being as tight as it was when the amber was on it. NO way am I baking again to fix this. Plus if you want to change HLs to HID during the clearing this would be a good time since you are already in there and if you want to upgrade your horns do it also, they are right infront of the right tire behind the bumber, again easy to get to with the bumper off.

1709614317_Clearlenscloseup.JPG.c0c4575e85b5e255d800a53296ea7e9d.JPG

1073145187_Clearlensewear.JPG.25143512f27104d137f664ff4d6083ec.JPG

Archived