LegacyGT.com

Local Dealer's offer

jarrod

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that's $200 under INVOICE....i'd like to pay a lot less than invoice if i'm getting an 05

Commission isn't a dirty word. They have to make something don't they? Some peole have little mouths to feed. Ya know?

hmm maybe you should read the thread where people are buying lgt's for 1200 under invoice....200 is measley compared to that...and believe me..they make their money...they paid a lot less than that for the car

Jarrod - Where are you located? Check out pricing on fitzmall.com - that's the lowest on the east coast.....a good barometer for what the market will bear. If you are within 400 miles.....might be worth flying in and driving home if a local dealer won't play ball.

Moved to "Pre-purchase Questions"

I live around Bristol, TN. Looked at fitzmall.com they didn't have what i wanted...maybe i need to wait closer to when the 06's come out to get a better deal

Forget that they don't have the actual model with the options you wish. Look at the final cost....all will be similarly priced. $500, $1000, $1200 under invoice. That's what matters. They do fixed margins.

One way flight from you is $200 - delivery to you from DC metro would be a little more. So, if you can get $1200 off invoice and have it delivered to your house for $3-400, you still are saving money.

One way flight from you is $200 - delivery to you from DC metro would be a little more. So, if you can get $1200 off invoice and have it delivered to your house for $3-400, you still are saving money.
This must be a bragging rights thing right? Let me see your going to take a plane ride and then have the car delivered to save a few hundred bucks? My partner at work ( who makes good $$) was throwm out of a new car dealer recently for being too nasty to the salesmanager. No price was good enough. Do the salesman a kindness ride a bike or walk.

Looking around fitzmall.com ....i could probably drive to maryland..that's not that bad of a drive...will they find a car like the one you want or how does that work? Local dealer says $700 OVER invoice now cause the car they had sold. :eek:

Fitzmall's pricing is for stocked cars only. They might be able to source one for you otherwise, but the pricing would go up (since the other dealer would keep the holdback).

What exactly are you looking for?

-Dan

We (dealers) have "stairstep money" for hitting Legacy objectives. If you hit your objective by a certain date, you get money on all cars in the month retro to the first one (but that's not every month; some months it's on cars after hitting the objective). Right now we have an additional $750 because we hit our objective. Another dealer might not have that, or even have a shot at hitting it, so they can't give it to you. If it's retroactive and the dealer is close, he can start giving it; or if the objective is easy, he starts giving it from the first car, even though he doesn't have it yet.

Right now that's Legacys and LegOBs only, not Foresters or Imprezas. And like almost everything Subaru, it's regional (we are Penn Jersey).

Tom

FRA-GEE-LAY... It must be Italian!

In the end, only you can decide what you are willing to pay. The dealer has a right (and need) to make a reasonable profit or he won't be there to sell you any car. The customer has the right to negotiate the best price he can. The dealer may not be your best friend, but he doesn't have to be your enemy either. Everyone can find what "invoice" is on any car. Just do a google search. Start calculating from there. MSRP and additional dealer stickers are meaningless to me. The dealer holdback (money the dealer gets from the factory after the car is sold) ranges somewhere between 650.00 and 850.00 on Subies + / - depending on the price of the car. Mark up on accessories runs around 30% + or -. Take the the invoice price of the car less the dealer holdback plus cost of additional accessories Less any factory to dealer incentives if you can find out about them and you have roughly what the dealer paid. Remember the dealer may earn or will earn extra money from the factory for meeting incentives and there may be hidden factory to dealer promotions and or factory to consumer incentives. Using those numbers you can get a feel for what the dealer had actually paid for the car. Negotiate up from true dealer cost not down from MSRP. On my car the dealer had added 295.00 in paint sealant and 500.00 additional dealer mark up over the MSRP (price gouging) I paid about 700.00 over true dealer cost and the dealer would have made what ever incentives he may have had from the factory over that. I'll never know exactly what he made but when you drive out tax, title and delivered under the MSRP sticer price you didn't do too bad. (I had no trade in so that did simplify things) Try not to mix trade ins, financing and pricing the car together. Negotiate a price, then negotiate your trade and or financing. It is too easy to get everything jumbled up when you start combining deals all at once. Try not to let your emotions get in the way of good judgement. Boy I guess I got long winded ... sorry. Oh one other little trick. If in your area the dealer puts on inspectin stickers when he gets the car and your inspection stickers are dated by month and year, you can tell how long a car has sat on his lot. One that has sat there costing interest for three or four months may be one he is more motivated in selling. Good Luck!!!!

I live around Bristol, TN. Looked at fitzmall.com they didn't have what i wanted...maybe i need to wait closer to when the 06's come out to get a better deal

Kind of interesting, my dad travelled to TN from FL to get a GMC pickup. I have to give you credit for standing your ground and not buckling. (I went to use the restroom at the dealer and next thing you know-new car)I respect dealers but have no heavy love loss, I wouldn't worry about service either.

People fly to Germany to drive their cars before it gets shipped back to the US. Look at it as an adventure.

This is not my beautiful car.

Jarrod - Where are you located? Check out pricing on fitzmall.com - that's the lowest on the east coast.....a good barometer for what the market will bear. If you are within 400 miles.....might be worth flying in and driving home if a local dealer won't play ball.

Moved to "Pre-purchase Questions"

That's the best link I've ever seen. Holy CRAP! I know where I'm buying my LGT. Thanks!

Well, there is something to be said for sticking with your local dealer too. I shopped Fitzmall and then bought local (my dealer bitched the whole way through, but I brought him an LLBean Outback sale from my brother, so that shut him up). It probably cost me about $200 more that way, but it was also 1.5 miles down the road. Use it for bargaining power or to buy if your local dealer doesn't play ball. Pricing has alot to do with stock on hand, time on the lot, current incentives, etc.

Archived