LegacyGT.com

alarm chirp

how loud is the Legacy alarm chirp? forgot to try it on the test drive. my SVX has a weak "meep meep", while the WRX is so loud, you need to be a good distance away unless you want ringing ears. i prefer it louder, so you can actually hear it.

how loud is the Legacy alarm chirp? forgot to try it on the test drive. my SVX has a weak "meep meep", while the WRX is so loud, you need to be a good distance away unless you want ringing ears. i prefer it louder, so you can actually hear it.

It's reasonably loud but it depends on the environment you're in. I can here mine from a good 100 ft away when I'm in the park. However, at the mall with all the traffic and noise I'm lucky to hear it from 20-30 ft away.

Brian

Very interesting topic. I also forgot to check when I test drove one. My Tribute alarm chirp is the horn, and it's so loud if you're in front of the car I usually wait until I'm about 30-40 feet away to arm it. lol.

I don't think it is that load. You can always turn it off if you don't like the sound by holding down the lock and unlock button for a few seconds.

no, i want it to be loud. :D in noisy areas, i don't want to have to try and watch the lights to see if it actually locked/armed.

i just got the LGT today. :dancing banana:

i was expecting the lock/unlock confirmation to be like the WRX "horn blast", but its just a quiet electronic "chirp." :mad: WTF?

I prefer the chirp. The WRX horn blast is far too loud for me, and has a "cheap" feeling to boot.

Besides, as Drewster said, just hit your lock button 3 times in succession to get a horn beep. (Technically it's the "locator" function.)

Archived