LegacyGT.com

Subaru Quality

OMG the rust thing....

HOLY CRAP is it bad... I got my car up in my buddy's shop the otherday and I can't believe how much rust is already setting up shop under the car...

My 93 civic has less rust under it... the exhaust is COMPLETELY blanketed, all the hangers, ALL the bushing sleeves, most of the control arms have spots of rust, it's rediculous.

It's obviously not a concern now but I WAS into this car for the long haul when I bought it... Now I'll be looking at putting as few miles on it as possible and selling it in a year or two before it gets too bad... that is if I can't get the dealer to buy it back at a fair price considering all the G'dam problems the thing has given me.

I believe the body and frame though are still supposed to be rust protected... it just looks like they didn't bother making ANYTHING else out of quality steel.

quality steel? Everything but stainless will rust. It's all in the chemical treatment of the metal, not the metal itself. The exhaust on my Honda did the same thing within six months....to be expected with aluminized steel.

Hell with my '97 GT the underside is pretty good (except for the rear sway bar, but that will be gone soon enough) and I check the car every day for any cancer spots but thankfully there are none. My '89 Loyale Wagon on the other hand has some serious cancer spots, bad enough that the rear container for the washer fluid fell out though the side. Oh well. One thing that you can get, that I have seen used up here in VT is an electronic device that charges the sheet metal of your car that prevents rusting. Apparently it makes the metal resist oxidation due to the electric charge. Got me if it really works, but if you are that scared about it rusting in 6 years try it out. If you want the info on it I can get it from the dealer.

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Archived