LegacyGT.com

Gauging Interest II: Whose interested in a GB for Tein S-Tech and/or H-Tech springs?

SC GT

Since I've been getting asked about it, I'm looking into a special order GB for Tein S-

Tech and H-Tech springs. All I'm doing is gauging interest, and if enough people want them, I'll have the vendor get vendor status, I'll get out of the way, and they'll take over everything from there. The vendor will set the terms re payment, shipping, etc.

Also, the springs are a special order from Japan, so, depending upon when Tein's big boat from Japan comes in, you may have to wait upwards of two months to receive your springs.

I'm optimistic, with an order of 5+, they would be willing to go around $165-175 per set. Express your interest here.

The responses are a bit underwhelming. I can see why Drift Monkey pretty much abandoned the idea.

Maybe if we keep it at the top of the forum it will gain more exposure.

In my opinion "Gauging Interest" threads belong as a sticky in the main legacy forum because most of these forums don't get very much exposure.

What are the US spring rates / drop for each set?

What are the US spring rates / drop for each set?

They are the JDM rates. I'm told that Tein doesn't have plans to develop springs for the US at the moment. Eventually Tein might sell the JDM H-Techs and S-Techs in the US, but will have to do R&D on them first, so the Tein springs probably won't be available other than through special order any time soon.

Interested in the wagon springs.

Do you know the difference in the springs? They will fit right? Is the $165-$175 including shippment?

No difference between wagon and sedan springs. Check out Drift Monkey first "gauging interest" thread for the rates.

The estimated $165-$175 does not include shipping.

I am interested too. What does that get the number up to / SHIPPED price down to?

Hard to commit to a GP before final pricing and since the shipped price could approach the cost of Whiteline Springs from RalliTek.

I'd rather to do this as the Tien springs were recommended bt some WRX/Evo friends.

I thought people would jump all over these so I decided to try and organize a GB. No intrest, no GB...

but people seem to line up for springs that are 2x as much

perhaps you should do a group buy where they are 299 and make a nice profit

Since I've been getting asked about it, I'm looking into a special order GB for Tein S-

Tech and H-Tech springs. All I'm doing is gauging interest, and if enough people want them, I'll have the vendor get vendor status, I'll get out of the way, and they'll take over everything from there. The vendor will set the terms re payment, shipping, etc.

Also, the springs are a special order from Japan, so, depending upon when Tein's big boat from Japan comes in, you may have to wait upwards of two months to receive your springs.

I'm optimistic, with an order of 5+, they would be willing to go around $165-175 per set. Express your interest here.

How do they compare to the stock springs? Can we use them with the stock shocks?

I have a wagon, and I feel it dips too much at times over speedbumps, etc..

HV

How do they compare to the stock springs? Can we use them with the stock shocks?

I have a wagon, and I feel it dips too much at times over speedbumps, etc..

HV

You can use them with the stock struts. They are JDM springs (like the STi pinks and Swifts that others are installing) so they were wound for the Bilstein GT and Spec B struts. I couldn't tell you how they will ride on USDM struts, although both are progressive rate springs, and both will lower your car somewhat. The S-Techs should lower it more than the H-Techs. Check www.tein.co.jp for specs.

Rossodave is the only member I'm aware of that has installed Tein springs on a USDM Legacy. He's got the S-Techs. He's commented in Drift Monkey's thread that he is happy with them.

I am in, if it is a "set" which insinuates: all the car needs (4 springs) not a pair witch would be two and should be stated as such? I could not tell if that was you guys joking around or was a serious question...and just thought i should let you know ware i stand if that is the case...

AS A CLARIFICATION - The estimated price of $165-175 per set is for all four springs, shipping not included. The $400 price was a joke based upon the initially tepid response and Jaxx's joke that if the cost was $350 a set, people would be lining up to buy them.

FYI, THE SPECS, BASED UPON www.tein.co.jp, ARE AS FOLLOWS:

The spring rates for the S-Techs are 2.7-5.3 kgf/mm front, and 3.6-7.2 kgf/mm rear. Note that the spring rates have a range because they are progressive.

The sedans get a 25 mm drop in the front and 25 mm in the rear on the JDM Bilsteins. The wagons get a 25 mm drop in the front, and a 30 mm drop in the rear on the JDM Bilsteins.

The spring rates for the H-Techs are 3.1-4.7 kgf/mm front, and 4.1-6.5

kgf/mm rear. The sedans get a 15 mm drop in the front and 15 mm in the rear on the JDM Bilsteins. The wagons get a 15 mm drop in the front, and a 20 mm drop in the rear on the JDM Bilsteins. And they are made of a metal called vandium, for whatever that is worth.

FOR REFERENCE, the Sti Pinks’ spring rates are 3.9 in the front, and 5.9 in the rear (the Pinks are linear springs, so no range like the Teins). The drop is 15 mm front and rear on the JDM Bilsteins. Members who installed the pinks on USDM struts have reported drops anywhere from around .5 to 1.2 inches (12-30 mm), although most report around an inch drop (25 mm).

What those numbers will equate to with the Teins is anyone's guess. The only person I am aware of who has installed Tein springs on his USDM LGT is rossodave. He's got the S-Techs, and pics of his car and his impressions are in this thread - http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11707.

Since enough people are interested, I'll call my guy on Monday and see what I can do.

Archived