LegacyGT.com

Close the middle dash vents?

I stick to my pervious statement.

THE ACC is FINE............:rolleyes: Not the best, but it gets the job done. I keeps the car comfy and that is what I want. I do have to adjust it more than my last ACC but I still adjust less than a manual system. Also, it is great to have the passenger set their temp warmer than mine. Everyone used to freeze in my car...........:lol:

Guest *Jedimaster*
ACC sucks! Just give me manual anyday. It is a "inconvenience" and not an upgrade.:confused:

I kind of prefer manual too- I'd imagine retrofitting the manual would be a project and a half though.

Any lister’s who believe the “ACC works fine” should get out more often; LoL. Here’s the deal IMHO. A competent functioning ACC goes about its business without drama, and the Subaru ACC requires constant attention and even then does not get the job done.

So, I stand by my POS characterization. Shame on Subaru! They know better.

We were considering a second OB XT Ltd, to replace an aging MY96 Audi S6 turbo wagon ...FORGETTABOUTIT Subaru. …Remedy the ACC and I’ll consider another OB XT purchase. Simple enough.

Cheers,

Mike

Cheers, Mike

|`94 E-Class Coupe |`98 Carrera 993 C2S |`14 Cayman S |`20 Outback Touring XT | All Debadged |

I think when you guys say your ACC takes too much adjusting that is bad. You might be getting into a situation where you are makign matters worse by causing the system to hunt. I don't have to adjust mine that much and keeps the car at a fairly consistent temperature. It really does. It's not as good as my old Audi, but it is close. I "notice" this system more, but it does a good job of heating/cooling. Although I haven't used it to cool all that much. Anyway, I don't see why this is such a big issue. Is my system just better than everyone else's??? I do only have 1800 miles on my car but still.

What temp. do you guys leave the system on? It does work better when both temps are set to the same temp I found. Any thoughts?

Any lister’s who believe the “ACC works fine” should get out more often; LoL. Here’s the deal IMHO. A competent functioning ACC goes about its business without drama, and the Subaru ACC requires constant attention and even then does not get the job done.

So, I stand by my POS characterization. Shame on Subaru! They know better.

We were considering a second OB XT Ltd, to replace an aging MY96 Audi S6 turbo wagon ...FORGETTABOUTIT Subaru. …Remedy the ACC and I’ll consider another OB XT purchase. Simple enough.

Cheers,

Mike

you guys must be really picky--everytime I have been cold, I've turned up the temp, and everytime I have been too hot, I've turned it down. It has always worked "fine" for me. It isn't rocket science--just turn the frickin' knob until you are comfortable.

you guys must be really picky--everytime I have been cold, I've turned up the temp, and everytime I have been too hot, I've turned it down. It has always worked "fine" for me. It isn't rocket science--just turn the frickin' knob until you are comfortable.

Exactly!

I keep it simple and just the same as i have on all my previous cars. If the heat is on, its usually at full, 85. If the AC is on its at low, 65. Occationally i will adjust the temps more depending on the situation, but for me the system is either on or off. None of this messing around stuff with auto or any of that. Frankly i could care less about it. I am too picky to let the system decide. This could be why some of us just don't care about it.

Could it be better, of course! However this is something which should have been observed when buying the car. I certainly have a few quirks with my car, but 99% of my time is spent enjoying it....

Archived