LegacyGT.com

Adding 600 lbs to a LGT

I think hes referring to the fact that the impact isnt what it seems it should be for a car with 250lbs of torque. Its all in the transmission. With a truck, or true SUV (ie built on a truck platform) the effect is far less noticeable, even with comparable power. The problem is the legacy is relatively light which to large effect has an impact on how fast it normally is.

I agree, that there are several cars out there where you dont feel the impact as heavily and the legacy seems more effected than I personally would have suspected based on its power numbers.

The reason a larger vehicle does not seem as affected is because of the percentage of additional weight has less impact. For example a 3000 lb car adds 600 lbs, this is a 20% increase. If a "SUV" weighs 4500 lbs and adds 600lbs this is a 13.33% increase in weight. So even with comparable torque the "SUV" would have a slightly lower "impact feel" due to the lower marginal % increase in weight.

• 1 month later...

yea I put a big sub box in the trunk weights around 75lb then with the two w7 12 subs it almost at 200 lb right aroud there notice a defent lose in get up and go power but u put your foot in it takes off when the turbo spools

I love boost:)

I just tell people htat I'll rub if I have back seat passangers. I'm not lying either, but it also helps to keep me fast. I feel like I'm only running 4 cylenders when there are four people in the car.

Another thing is, cars feel faster when you are sitting shot gun. You werent' driving teh STR-4, correct, but you were driving your LGT. You intimately know your car and how it should feel, so you really notice the difference when there is added weight.

I have another problem you guys might be able to help me out with. Whenever I don't put gas in the car for a long time (like more than a week) the car stumbles and eventually stops running. I can't get it going again until I put more gas in it. I've used the search function but so far, nobody else has discussed this weird problem. Does anyone else have this happen to them too?

I have another problem you guys might be able to help me out with. Whenever I don't put gas in the car for a long time (like more than a week) the car stumbles and eventually stops running. I can't get it going again until I put more gas in it. I've used the search function but so far, nobody else has discussed this weird problem. Does anyone else have this happen to them too?

Have you checked your Trunk Monkey? I believe the TM2000 ver2.1 uses special fuel and may cause the dreaded clutch studder if the cheap stuff is used.

Oh. I didn't know I had one. I should really read that book that comes with the car, but it's so long and boring and I don't understand most of what they're talking about. What's second and third and fourth and fifth gear? Why do I need all those? I only use one, it works super.

The TM2000 ver2.1 prefers premium. Sam Adams lite seems to please mine the most, about 300 miles between cases. Cheap stuff results in Monkey $h!t thrown everywhere.

Don't know about that gear stuff I just use "D" and always go forward and hope I don't have to back up.

It must be Friday.

"D"?

I don't have one of those. Was it an option? Is it this JDM thing I don't understand either? How can I get a "D" in my car? I hate my dealer; he didn't tell me about any of this stuff, Trunk Monkeys and what not.

They even looked at me kind of funny when I asked for muffler bearing insurance because those kept breaking every couple of months on my last car. It was so expensive to maintain, I had to get rid of it because of this and the miles were getting so high (over 30,000!) I hope the Subarus are more reliable.

Archived