LegacyGT.com

Adding 600 lbs to a LGT

I went to my cousin’s house to a party and wanted show off the power the car. So we went out with 3 other friends in the car. It added up about 600 pounds more when I just drive alone. So I floor it and it picks up speed well but not like when I am alone inside.

I been in a srt4 with it full of guys and when he floored it, it felt like the same as one person inside it. I hate those cars by the way; I just love the engine on a srt4.

My buddies said the car is fast but it doesn't have balls when it is full of fat guys.

Have any of you felt a change of performance when the car is full?

Depends what cars people are used to/coming from I think. I had a NA 2.0L 4-cylinder that was dead below 4K... Full tank of gas was was noticable with the lack of low-end. The LGT with five hundred pounds in it feels about the same as my old car did when I filled up the tank when driving around normally.

-B

I think hes referring to the fact that the impact isnt what it seems it should be for a car with 250lbs of torque. Its all in the transmission. With a truck, or true SUV (ie built on a truck platform) the effect is far less noticeable, even with comparable power. The problem is the legacy is relatively light which to large effect has an impact on how fast it normally is.

I agree, that there are several cars out there where you dont feel the impact as heavily and the legacy seems more effected than I personally would have suspected based on its power numbers.

No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

Simple physics people. :)

Yes, it is simple physics.

i notice a significant difference with just 2 people.

But it is a significant difference, like sde notice too.

I agree, that there are several cars out there where you dont feel the impact as heavily and the legacy seems more effected than I personally would have suspected based on its power numbers.

+1

Again, that "general" rule for weight is not exactly accurate.

Same goes for .1 of a second equalling 1 car length.

Yeah, one car length if you're trap speeds are 120 mph maybe.

(at 120 mph you are covering about 17 feet every .1 second)

Add 100 pounds to a Dodge Viper and it won't affect the car by .1 second

in the 1/4 mile (it would probably be closer to .05).

Add 100 pounds to the weight of a Toyota Prius and it won't affect the

1/4 mile by .1 either (it would probably be closer to .2 seconds...or more).

Archived