LegacyGT.com

Is the LGT really a 'sleeper'?

Yep, SDE is correct. I picked up a COBB AccessPORT from the local dealer. I definitely recommend the upgrade.D.SCOTT

I 2nd that!!!!!!! In love with my AP.

I've been getting some looks. I put a COBB TUNING plate frame on this week as well to see if that sparks any interest while crusing around town ;). Plus i needed something to replace the dealer one.

I actually just had some fun with a camry...

Pulled out from a stop sign onto a 2-lane uphill 45mph road. The camry was about 100 - 150 ft behind me when I pulled out and in the other lane. I dropped it, per usual, and he never got much closer. A mile later there's a stop sign. He pulled up next to me, looked over, and said, "Holy Sh*t! That's a Subaru?!" "It is."

And that was that. Still smiling. :)

Man, my GT Wagon is almost too much of a sleeper. I'm sure that'll change then I get the new wheels/tires, but not by much. It's always fun to rocket away from the lights and look back or fly up a ramp. Blending in has it's value though as most don't know what hit them until it's already been done. :) Although I think a lot of WRX owners don't know what a GT is because next to none of them wave. That or they think I'm some old fart. :lol:

The Legacy made it onto a corny top 10 sleepers list.

http://netscape.edmunds.com/reviews/list/top10/103319/article.html

It came in at number 10.

Subaru Legacy GT: There's no end to the mischief you could get into behind the wheel of the Legacy GT. Its standard-issue Subie exterior masks a gut-twisting 250-hp engine. This dark steed is for all those who've ever needed to make a quick getaway and disappear into the night.

pssst....it came in at number 2 on a different top 10 at the same site:

http://netscape.edmunds.com/reviews/list/top10/104466/article.html

Man, my GT Wagon is almost too much of a sleeper. I'm sure that'll change then I get the new wheels/tires, but not by much. It's always fun to rocket away from the lights and look back or fly up a ramp. Blending in has it's value though as most don't know what hit them until it's already been done. :) Although I think a lot of WRX owners don't know what a GT is because next to none of them wave. That or they think I'm some old fart. :lol:

Some of them know what's going on... I was in front of a silver WRX on the Florida Turnpike approaching the toll booth (electronic lane) and the WRX slotted into the toll lane next to me and hit it hard as we were both pulling out of the toll booth... he got about a half car length ahead of me, then I pulled even until I realized we were about to hit 80 MPH and I let off. He kept going... but he still got owned by a wagon. :D

The only thing I've got so far is good looks and when I'm getting gas people will tell me "nice car" or the like. But at school it's a total sleeper. The kid with the Sunfire still thinks he could blow my doors off. :lol:

Same with me. I live in a complex that has a very high rate of retirees and I've caught the old guys hovering around my car on several occasions. They really like it. Gordie the maintenance guy stopped me one morning to tell me that my wagon was his new favorite car in the whole complex. I felt very proud that morning!

I do confuse the hell out of them when I remote start the car and they see nobody inside it. :lol:

Archived