LegacyGT.com

Well, spent a good six hours detailing on Saturday and about an hour yesterday. Klasse was decent, although I noticed a little paint contaminiation behind the wheels. Wil claybar come fall to remove a summer season of driving grime.

Was pleased with the results... Really is a tough finish, if based on the product I got on my hands is any indication! Temps/sun got the paint a little too warm removing the second coat yesterday, I could see what people have said about it getting gummy/sticky if the paint surface gets too high.

Looking forward to it holding up through the whole summer!

-B

Hmmm... I've been using Klasse for years and I've never had any issue with it getting sticky at all. Which product did you use? The red bottle All in One or the grey bottle Sealant Glaze? AIO is a little tough to remove if the surface is warm, but SG is impossible to get sticky. It looks just like watered down milk and really doesn't have anything in it that would be sticky.

AIO is basically just a paint cleaner and not good for much protection. If you want protection then you should use the Sealant Glaze part. That stuff is good for 4 month+ protection and shine. I know people who have gotten a year out of a few coats of SG. 5 layers is the peak of appearance and protection with that product. Its really some good stuff. I use it for winter protection every year.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Yup. That's the way it works. There are people who like to say that AIO is awesome protection and shine, but that just isn't what it was meant to be. AIO is a paint cleaner. It may offer a little protection, and the paint certianly looks better afterwards, but the real shine and protection comes from SG. AIO is just a paint cleaner. Here is a good example of what it is capable of. I started cleaning from the front of the truck back. The transformation is pretty dramatic.

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2020half_bed-med.jpg

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2020half-med.jpg

SG gives more of a polished rock shine to the car after you have cleaned the paint. Sure the car looks great with AIO, but it looks sooooooo much better if you use a product that is designed to protect and enhance the look of the car afterwards. I guess AIO works as a one step product, but anyone who cares enough about their car to use that probably won't stop there anyway. ;)

OCDETAILS BLOG

Here's what I mean by polished rock shine:

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/532klasse_nose.jpg

Here are a couple other good examples of the cleaning power of AIO:

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/532half_klasse_aio2.jpg

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/532half_klasse_aio.jpg

I've never used a paint cleaner quite like it. Awesome stuff....

OCDETAILS BLOG

Yup. Only because it was faster though. AIO works so well that you don't really need the PC to use it. It doesn't have any physical abrasives in it. You could get those results if you are willing to take 5 or 6 hours and give your fingers and shoulders the workout of your life. I've done it before and it still turns out great. The PC is just so much faster in situations like that.

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 2 weeks later...

ur avatar is a dead give-away on autopia...who u foolin LOL

so the SONUS deal is expensive dangit for the PC and accessories at $199.....anyplace i can find it cheaper???

oh yeah.... I guess it does doesn't it. :D I'll have to fix that.

The problem with PCs is that most shops can't sell them for any profit. If they make a couple bucks when they sell a PC then that is pretty darn good. They make their profit on the products that you buy with the PC like pads and polishes and that sort of thing.

Coastal Tool usually has a pretty good deal on PCs. $119 isn't a bad deal for a PC. You could probably get shipping for less than 10 bucks on that too. They probably sell tons of products for Porter Cable and get a better deal on the polishers. You could order the PC from coastal tool and then get the $50 backing pad kit from Autopia and probably save a few bucks. The bottom line is that its an investment and investments aren't always cheap. Considering the fact that you'll probably never have to buy another PC again, I'd say its money well spent.

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 3 weeks later...
Just wanted to follow-up on the Klasse detailing. Washed the car for the first time in weeks (BOOO!). Spring here in beantown, so a nice layer of caked on pollen, insects and bird dropping or two. (BOOOOOOOOO!) Was very nice to see how well the finish was holding up, and I do believe the layer of grime was a little easier to remove. Used some car soap, not a bottle cap of klasse. Might try that next time, or maybe for the second round of washing.

Here it is for $119 with the 6" counter weight and velcro backing plate. That's a smart deal. You'll get less vibration with the machine if you have the 6" instead of the 5" counterweight. The backing plate is worth it too since you have to buy one anyway if you want to use any pads. The white one that comes with it just screws right into the machine. If you want to do anything other than just waxing the car then you'll need a backing plate and more pads.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived