LegacyGT.com

Has anyone grabbed all the latest TSB's from techinfo.subaru.com?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest *Jedimaster*
:) PM me if you want a mirror

Thanks- shouldn't be bad at all though- believe it or not, only a few have d/l them and the file size is tiny- now something else I'm currently hosting (not Legacy related) is breaking the intraweb! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I found the Diagnostic face plate TSB to be very interesting....

I wonder if a simple face plate replacement would give you MP3 capability???

Good thinking...

<wheels a spinnin'>

Assuming that works, then I would wonder if swapping the MP3 faceplate for the STD one would enable MP3 functionalily? And if THAT works, then all we need to do is figure out how to force the STD plate to behave like the MP3 faceplate :)

Hmmm...now all we need to do is find someone that has both units to try out.

-Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I can't read english or the wording is confusing but TSB's such as the one for the Timing Belt Bracket confuse me as to whether my car is affected.

Under this

"

Production Line Change

The new style tensioner...

...Forester 4*762802

"

My vin number ends with 56213504

I guess whats confusing me is it says "Vins affected (starting number)"

Does that mean that all vin numbers higher then that number (5*200001) have issues with the timing belt tensioners? Or do they really mean "vins not affected(starting number)

Maybe I can't read english or the wording is confusing but TSB's such as the one for the Timing Belt Bracket confuse me as to whether my car is affected.

Under this

"

Production Line Change

The new style tensioner...

...Forester 4*762802

"

My vin number ends with 56213504

I guess whats confusing me is it says "Vins affected (starting number)"

Does that mean that all vin numbers higher then that number (5*200001) have issues with the timing belt tensioners? Or do they really mean "vins not affected(starting number)

Believe this is for the Forester and "VINs affected" means anything preceeding that number are effected. Vehicle VINs starting with 5*200001 and newer have the "fix", so hypothetically, a vehicle with VIN 5*200000 or older would be affected by this TSB.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah it's real confusing. I had trouble explaining to my dealership how my Leg GT Sedan was affected for the Fuel Pump regulator issue given that 1) it makes the noise on turning the key, and 2) my car was manufactured in June 2004 and the new part was in place in August 04.

They kept telling me that my VIN preceded what was listed and therefore wasn't eligible or affected by this issue. After explaining to the Tech guy, and then explaining to the service advisor, and then to the head service guy, they finally understood that everything AFTER the VINs listed were fixed. When I showed up to pick up my car, the Warranty Advisor there greets me with "So YOU'RE the guy who showed us that we can't read our own TSB's..."

Sigh. I'm still waiting for them to order me the part.

While we're on the subject, I know I've developed the FPR noise, but, what's the tensioner noise sound like?

It actually sounds like a tapping/knocking sound like you'd get from your valve train. I was convinced that I had a bad valve lifter only to find out it was the tensioner. If you have a stethescope (especially with a long steel extender to it), just touch it down on the block area just to the right of the alternator and about a half inch or so behind the timing belt cover.

You're listening for a knocking/ticking sound emanating from the front of the engine. It's caused by failure of the hydraulic function in the timing belt tensioner and it clicks as the timing belt forces it in and out of its housing.

It's part number 4 in the diagram below and you can see that it mounts up directly to the engine block so it can make a bunch of noise from that location.

SBT

1974237720_05LGTEngineTimingBeltDiagram.jpg.b9abe35764fe8de473df9e4915353853.jpg

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 3 weeks later...
Does the pressure regulator sound like a belt is slipping for a second and then catches? I know I have this kind of noise when my car has been sitting overnight and in the morning I decide to turn the key to the cranking position I get the noise for a second. It only happens when it's been sitting for a while.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...