LegacyGT.com

Auto Lock Pro

llmask

my friend just bought a 2005 civic ex, and im giving her advice on how to deter theft on it. and i am always a firm believer of the auto lock pro - it is kinda awkward to cut that pedal in such a position.

Guest *Jedimaster*
A pro can get any of that stuf off in seconds, but anything you add will help them choose a different car.

my friend just bought a 2005 civic ex, and im giving her advice on how to deter theft on it. and i am always a firm believer of the auto lock pro - it is kinda awkward to cut that pedal in such a position.

All new Civics have an immoblizer coded key. That's the best protection, uncircumventable (well, for all intents and purposes, there are some RFID tricks, but they would need access to the key originally).. Now if they really, really want it they will tow it and there isn't much you can do about that.. but they can't hotwire it.

Also, any thief worth his salt would know that it had an immobilizer and move on..

I remember seeing something online showing you how to break the autolock. I'm not too sure, but it involves spraying a material that makes the steel frozen and they just hit it with a hammer and it broke. This is a few years back so I really don't remember the site..........

Yea i don't see anyone cutting the pedal...i saw a demonstration for it once..it's a beast

Yea i don't see anyone cutting the pedal...i saw a demonstration for it once..it's a beast

Not to be a cynic or anything, but the purpose of a demo is to get you to buy the product. Do you think they'd show you anything that would make you second guess its effectiveness?

I'm willing to buy one and put it on my car...if you can get it off in ..let's say 15 minutes...it's yours =)

Is that an open invitation to anybody? If they get it off then your car is theirs? :D

I guess it depends on the car but bolt cutters can cut through more then you think…and then there are all of the new 24+ volt cordless power tools that will make quick work of it (meaning the pedal)…but will defiantly help with making them look for something easier.

If a thief really wants your car, there is nothing you can do about it. If they have a choice between your car (with Auto Lock Pro) and one without, they will choose the one without. It is all about time when it comes to a theif. They want to grab the car and leave. For the money, it is a good product to make a thief look elsewhere. Remember, nothing is thief proof!

-S

Archived