LegacyGT.com

17x8 Wheel Options

SUBE555

Looked through the Rota wheel selection at subydude and liked what I saw. After that did a google search about Rota wheels and found that the ROTA brand seems to suffer from a lot of controversy about its quality, especially over at nasioc.com. Some people love them, others are afraid to put them on their cars. So what's the real story on ROTA quality?

BTW I am putting 18" Tarmac II's on, not the Boost for reference. It'll be sweet regardless.

We think alike. I love look of the Boost (the hot Advan design) but it isn't available in 18":mad: - so it was over to the Tarmac II's in 18".

I want to go plus 1 for an aftermarket set of wheels and the Tarmacs look too good and are too affordable (even in Canadian dollars!) to pass up!

Good luck on your purchase, SUBE555. I'll be posting pics of my ride in the White thread after the group buy grille is installed. I'm pumped on the wheels and the grille- it's starting to really come together!

I haven't heard anything bad about Rota in some time, it was mostly around the Subzero's some time ago. Haven't heard anything about other designs.

In looking through the nasioc archives, the biggest complaint was about the Rota "Attack". Apparently, there were catastrophic failures under normal driving conditions (around 2003 I think). To Rota's credit, they did replace these wheels, broken or not, at the owner's request. Also saw some complaints over at nasioc about premature failure of the clearcoat on some Rota wheels. Rota says they are an OEM supplier to Toyota, Ford, and Mitsubishi.

Who manufactures the LGT alloy wheels?

Archived