LegacyGT.com

Is it possible to match porsche suspension witb our car?

LegacyFuture

I heard Porsche suspension will work on our cars.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• 4 weeks later...

Well I guess I'll take a stab at answering.

The answer is of course not - and - it doesn't matter. I'll explain.

I'd done almost all the suspension on my car (coilovers, sways, endlinks. reinforcement, big brake kit, etc). I do about 15 track days a year and at least 1 pro level driving school. Because of all my track time I'm pretty quick.

In my subie I could get around just about anything. Porsche, Lotus, Lambo, Ferrari, BMW, etc, etc. I constantly had people coming up to me after sessions asking about my car and how I was so fast in it. Simple answer: I, as a driver am faster than other drivers.

See, cars can be fast - people are fast. Put a fast driver in a slow car and he'll be fast in it. That fast is relative of course based on the car.

So can a Legacy be faster than a Porsche - with a fast driver absolutely.

So can a Legacy be faster than a Porsche - with a slow driver no, not even close.

Instead of modding your car mod yourself. Go get some instruction and learn how to drive, then you'll see what fast is...

2 cents done...

-Ross

I'd done almost all the suspension on my car (coilovers, sways, endlinks. reinforcement, big brake kit, etc). I do about 15 track days a year and at least 1 pro level driving school. Because of all my track time I'm pretty quick.

In my subie I could get around just about anything. Porsche, Lotus, Lambo, Ferrari, BMW, etc, etc. I constantly had people coming up to me after sessions asking about my car and how I was so fast in it. Simple answer: I, as a driver am faster than other drivers.

See, cars can be fast - people are fast. Put a fast driver in a slow car and he'll be fast in it. That fast is relative of course based on the car.

So can a Legacy be faster than a Porsche - with a slow driver no, not even close.

Instead of modding your car mod yourself. Go get some instruction and learn how to drive, then you'll see what fast is...

2 cents done...

-Ross

Good answer to a good question.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

2 cents done...

-Ross

Someone who is in my Church! I couldn't have delivered that homily any better!

-mike

Any videos and detailed mod list, Ross?

I did have a post somewhere with my mod list but can't find it. Basically:

- K-Sport coilovers. Professionally corner balanced, 1.5 degree of negative camber up front

- Wilwood BBK, stainless lines front/rear

- DBA 4000 slotted rotors front/rear

- Hawk DTC70 front, DTC60 rear race pads

- MB Gear Final 17x8 rims

- Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R 245/45/17

- Whiteline front/rear sway bars. Front set to soft, rear set to hard

- Perrin swaybar endlinks front/reard

- AVO rear sway reinforcement bracket

- Cobb short throw shifter and bushings

- Borla Cat back

- Crucial catless downpipe

- Dyno tuned

That was my setup and while it was exceptionally stiff on the street it really was great on the track. As for video here's a little reel I put together from an event last year:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB6fGzoTaqo]YouTube- HPR Hightlights[/ame]

Archived