LegacyGT.com

Ugly OEM SpecB rims

StHalcyon

I have factory Spec.B rims, and I never pay close attention to the wheels. Recently, after getting my car washed, in the bright sunlight, I noticed that the rims couldn't be cleaned! It seems like the brake pad dust is stuck on the rims, and running down. But dried in! I never had this problem with my Eclipse or Integra in the past. Any idea what may have caused this? The hand car wash guys couldn't get it out, and suggested that I get the rims re-finished. I am not buying it...

i learned a little mechanics trick a few years ago that may help you. try rubbing a little bit of diesel fuel on the wheels with a rag, it has taken paint, tar, and other crap off my wheels in the past. just be sure to wash off the wheels real good when you are done. this trick also works on body panels or vehicles too but be sure to wash it off well almost immediately. good luck

• 4 weeks later...

wash your wheels more?

Brake dust is a bitch and you need to scrub constantly. I've been telling my mom and sister constantly for the last 10 years. They don't listen to an old fool though.

The 08+ Spec B rims get so dirty so fast. But I have the same thing your talking about. A little goo gone takes it right off. Hopefully only have to put up with them for a little while longer, need to get new rims since I have plans for a BBK.

Archived