LegacyGT.com

EJ20T Opinions

Yeah I got ya lol

And I looked up the Torque converter but I need to send mine in to have them mod it. :(

Core Charge- I am ordering an IPT Trans supplied torque converter core (Add $200.00) No Core Charge- I'm sending my existing converter to IPT for rework and modification

So stick with the 4EAT. Sounds good and then a tranny swap later :p

rear diffs are different, hes got an L

Rear diffs are not different in the fact he can't use them. The L and the GT have the same diff.. just a different ratio. But they are both open non lsd diffs.

If he switches his transmission to a WRX 4EAT he would have to switch to the WRX rear diff that matches the respective trans.

If he put in just the eg33, ez30r, ej255, ej257, ej205, ej207, ej22t, whatever motor and nothing else and keeps his stock transmission and rear diff. It will bolt up and work fine after he does the wiring merge.

A 98-01 2.5RS or 02-05 WRX transmission vs his L or my GT, the differences are the L and the GT have no rear lsd and different gear ratios. Same 4EAT and R160

Rear diffs are not different in the fact he can't use them. The L and the GT have the same diff.. just a different ratio. But they are both open non lsd diffs.

If he switches his transmission to a WRX 4EAT he would have to switch to the WRX rear diff that matches the respective trans.

If he put in just the eg33, ez30r, ej255, ej257, ej205, ej207, ej22t, whatever motor and nothing else and keeps his stock transmission and rear diff. It will bolt up and work fine after he does the wiring merge.

A 98-01 2.5RS or 02-05 WRX transmission vs his L or my GT, the differences are the L and the GT have no rear lsd and different gear ratios. Same 4EAT and R160

yeah, thats what im saying, you have to keep the same final drive ratio throught

So my main concern would be the FDR on the motor? Or what? Guys got me lost now. Because the trans and rear diff on there now are obviously the same FDR.

FDR only has to do with trans and rear differential, it will never have anything to do with the motor. /confusion.

Ignore this ---> Although putting smaller tires or bigger tires will mess with your overall final final ratio. LOL :lol: <---Ignore this

Lol, looking at getting some GT rims here soon. :)

Well shit now I just need an ECU (that's all part of the wiring harness right?)

And motor of course

And a weekend or so to hook this up.

You will need

-Matching ECU to the motor

-Harness from the motor to splice into yours

-Turbo crossmember (if it doesn't come with motor.. it should though)

-If you don't get one with motor you can use a 93-94 USDM turbo legacy xmember or 95-04 turbo Xmember from JDM or USDM WRX/STi.

If you don't get a turbo or manifold or the turbo is bad. I have both to sell, I'm a part hoarder. ;)

What would you say the cost of the ECU+Harness will run me?

Yeah I forgot to say that I did need a crossmember. I will see what I can find. A junkyard near me has an 04 WRX Turbo X member for 150.

Since it is JDM I would get the harness and ecu for that specific motor. Not sure if the USDM ECU will work.:confused:

If the motor is USDM you'll need a 02-03 ECU from a 5spd or automatic doesn't matter since the 02-03 ECU can be used for both by switching the jumper depending on transmission type. If you get an 04-05 you need to get an automatic specific ECU.

I have an 02' usdm ecu on my 04' usdm motor so when I swap to a manual transmission I just have to open up ecu and change it.

I am going to be getting the motor from tigerjapaneese.com. So I believe it would be JDM. I hope reuben can get me one and thats not a bad price. So it would end up costing around $1200 in the end for a motor that supposedly puts out 240 horses.

Can't wait! Hoping to get some LGT rims here real soon.

Archived