LegacyGT.com

Clunking From rear end.

Ok so I noticed that when i drive around town and especially in the lower gears when i let off the gas pedal i hear a clunking like my rear end is loose. I also hear the sound when i go over dips and speed bumps (not racing over dips and speed bumps.) I was wondering if this could be some sort of rear differential mount. SAVE ME JEEBUS!

ok so in the process of changing my suspension over to the wrx wagon suspension and noticed the bushings attached to the rear differential is loose as hell! do i purchase new bushings or do i have to purchase a whole new rear metal bar thingamabob?

• 2 weeks later...
well it the clunking sort of stopped but its my differential. i can feel it moving around when i drive and it seems not to be putting down the power the way it should. not that it has alot of power lol

o. well i had the same eact thing. the clunking would be there and not when i accelerate. then one day the tire just fell off and i rolled my car 20 plus times and then put my tire back on and drove out of the ditch. i have a thread awhile back as some of you may recall.

• 2 months later...

Archived