LegacyGT.com

How much $$ you spent in suspension mods untill you were happy?

LegacyFuture

I've gone through 4 different rear bars, starting with the stocker to the 20mm, then the 22mm, then the 25mm, all with the stock front bar.

With the 25mm & stock FSB, the turn in was amazingly quick, the front end really wanted to carve into turns. It felt like I was driving a RWD car again

You didn't find the rear end a little loose with the 25 mm RSB?

I have the COBB RSB and I leave it on the lowest setting for street (cause of winter) driving and Road Courses, but for AutoX I put it to stiffest. It really likes to rotate on the stiffest setting, but at 140+ mph at .95 g or so I felt a little uneasy.

The 25r and stock front was a lil loose, that's why i went with the 22 in front. It was fun on city streets & mountain roads, but I wouldn't take it to the track.

My 25 rear is now set at soft, and the 22 is set at stiff. Our tracks here top out 120 in the straights, and most of the turns are at 70-80, so I've been adjusting my suspension accordingly. That was another reason why I went with the 22/25 set, to get different combinations of stiffness (soft/soft, stiff/soft, soft/stiff, stiff/stiff).

From my other post on the 25mm f/r bars:

I've gone through 4 different rear bars, starting with the stocker to the 20mm, then the 22mm, then the 25mm, all with the stock front bar.

With the 25mm & stock FSB, the turn in was amazingly quick, the front end really wanted to carve into turns. It felt like I was driving a RWD car again

Then I put in the 22mm FSB, and the understeer came back a bit and turn in was slower. I kinda missed the feeling of having the stock front bar, but the added stiffness of the 22mm felt more confortable for my driving style. With the 22fsb and 25mm, the added stiffness encourages me to trail brake later, and throttle sooner. Most importantly, I like how the car feels when the weight is balanced mid turn.

I feel that the 25mm front would help keep it flatter, but I don't want to reduce my turn in speed any more than what upgrading from stock to the 22mm front bar did.

Thanks for the input. I think I'll do the same and see how I like it.

It's never ending, I always see just one little more thing that I want to get :). It's easier to keep it under control when set out in stages. This is what I did:

1: rear swaybar + brackets, anti-lift kit, new tyres, good wheel alignment

2. Springs, rear camber kit

3. Dampers

4. Semi-track pads, front/rear endlinks

I'm 90% happy with my setup now but am considering either a roll center adjustment kit or front swaybar as well.

• 5 months later...

Almost there - I'm pretty happy with this wagon setup for street use on the crappy Chicago roads. This setup cost me about $3k, not counting the other iterations that got me here (I don't even want to think about the cost):

RCE Tarmac 1 coilovers (325/400#)

3/8" rear strut spacers (to avoid Wagon saggy butt syndrome)

Ingalls 16mm F camber bolts

4boxparts rear adj control arm

Cobb Sways + bushings (with AVO Rear Reinforcement Mounts)

Whiteline F&R LCA Bushings

Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings

Cusco F&R chassis braces

Cusco F&R strut bars

Kyle "BlackHole"

JDM Bilsteins & Swift springs- $550

JDM rear sway- $100

AVO stout mounts- $80

Whiteline front sway and Kartboy endlinks- $150

I'd like to grab some specB control arms & poly LCA bushings, and get ready to send my Bilsteins out for a rebuild, otherwise I'm pretty 'happy'.

I really like this, very smart...

8k rears w/ 25mm = track perfect....very nice.

BC BR 6k/8k Coilovers-$700 (used)

AVO LCA Bushings- $125

AVO Adjustable Endlinks- $80 (used)

Perrin 22mm front sway bar- $120

Perrin 25mm rear sway bar- $80

Perrin RSB Support Brackets - $40 (used)

Advan AD07 225/45/18 tires - $550

$1690 - $650 for selling my bilsteins = $1k spent on additional suspension mods

I'm pretty happy

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

My plan is to replace front and lower LCA bushings and then doing KYB with Tein H techs and thats it...maybe a Spec.b rear sway, no way I am putting that much money into the car, you never get your money back.

I quoted KYB shocks with H&R springs on all four corners for less than $500 on Tirerack.

Archived