LegacyGT.com

wolfang sealant

I usually like to dress the tires and wipe down the wheels before I buff it off. It makes it easier to buff it off and there aren't any streaks if you give it a little while. As long as you don't buff it off as soon as you put it on then really almost any amount of waiting is acceptable. Try and give it 15 minutes at least. Do something else while it is drying and then it won't really seem like waiting. :)

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I applied a second coat of wolfgang today and i honestly love this product. Goes on easy, buffs off easy and i get a deep wet shine. Guess it's time to retire the zaino & klasse sg. Maybe it won't last as long as the other two products but if i'm applying wolfgang every other week or so anyway, i don't think knowing that a product will last for 6 months or more is all that pertinent to me.

That's what I say. A produt that lasts a year has no place in my product closet. I apply new layers often enough that having something that durable isn't necessary at all. If I wasn't willing to polish my car every couple months then I would probably go for something like that, but I enjoy being out in the garage way too much for something like that. I leave the immortal products on the shelf and bust them out for the last detail of the year before winter hits. Even I'm not obsessed enough to be out polishing my car in 20 below zero weather. :lol:

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 1 month later...

Hi OCDetails.....

I'm in need of car wash, what's your experience with Wolfgang's Auto Bathe? I see that wolfgangcarcare.com has a 20% discount running with code ( WP-605 ) and I was thinking of buying the 64oz size. I think it's $35 before the discount. I don't want to get stuck with a lot of product if I don't like it. Or would you recommend another product? I've used p21s, pinnacle and zaino washes in the past but thought I'd stick with the same product line since I'm using the Wolfgang sealant.

Oh one more thing, I've been using the Wolfgang Quick Detailer after washing and drying the car and honestly I don't like the product. What would you suggest as a possible alternative?

thanks.

Probably my favorite car wash right now is the Meguiar's NXT brand. For as much as I love the Wolfgang products, I just don't see a value in spending money ordering a car wash soap. I just pick up NXT car wash at my local AutoZone for like 5 bucks a gallon and I'm good. I found a deal at WalMart a couple months ago that had them 50% off, so I bought 4 gallons. :) I won't run out for awhile.

The reason I go for the NXT wash is because the bubbles last forever. I did a demonstration of this at a workshop a couple weeks ago. I washed a car and then left the bucket of soapy water out on the driveway while we went in the back yard and had lunch. When we came back to the bucket about an hour later, there were still bubbles in it. Many car washes go flat before you are even done with the washing, so this is a real testament of what a good soap should be. Its slick and provides great lubrication between the mitt and the car. That is one of the most important things in a car wash. The wolfgang provides great lubrication, but the bubbles don't last as long. The bubbles are part of the lubrication and help float the dirt right off the car. Between two products with great lubrication and one of them suds up better, I'll pick the wash with the bubbles.

Sorry to hear that you don't dig the Wolfgang spray. What are your expectations with it? I only use it when I'm taking off the dust or something at a show. I'm not much of a QD kind of guy. If the WG spray doesn't impress you then I don't know of any other QD that will. Four Star has a Spray Wax product that looks really good, but it has wax in it and will not be a good product to use if you plan on using extra layers of Wolfgang. I use it as a clay lube most commonly, but I will use it from time to time on the rest of the car when I am too lazy to wax it. I put 3 coats of Wolfgang on and then I don't worry about extra layers, so using a spray wax doesn't bother me. It might be a good alternative for you if you are looking for a QD that looks better than the Wolfgang one does.

OCDETAILS BLOG

the auto bathe isn't bad at all, it's sudsy, lubricates well, seems to hold the dirt, and smells pretty good.

i haven't used the quick detailer from wolfgang, but what don't you like about it? the meguiar's detailer is pretty good.

hmmm, 5 bucks vs 35....:lol: i'm sold.

As for the quick detailer, I can't pinpoint what I don't like about it but it doesn't feel right to me. Maybe I don't get the slickness I expect or it feels kind of gummy wiping off??? I just don't recall QD being like that when I've used the Zaino product and Final Inspection. :confused:

You may have just gotten a bad batch. Let the place you ordered it know about it and I'll bet they would send you another bottle. The WG spray is one of the better non-carnauba quick detailers I have ever used. It surprises me to hear things like this.

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 2 weeks later...
Was using the detailer again on the weekend and finally figured out why i don't like the stuff. For some reason when i'm wiping off the the detailer and buffing it with a microfiber towel, i'm getting these little microfiber hairs all over the body panel. I'm using the same towels that I bought thru some group buy from the autopia forum a few years back and i've never had this happen with any of my other detailing sprays. :confused:

I'm using the same towels that I bought thru some group buy from the autopia forum a few years back

There is your answer. Time to get some new towels. The QD won't have anything to do with the amount of lint that your towels put down.

OCDETAILS BLOG

There is your answer. Time to get some new towels. The QD won't have anything to do with the amount of lint that your towels put down.
hmmm, not quite convinced by this explanation yet because I have about a dozen of them and rotate thru them so it's not like i've used the same towel for a year or more. Next time I use the Wolfgang detailer I'll use one of my other detailer as well and see if I get lint with both or just the Wolfgang. I'm still thinking it's slightly gummy before it dries and that's what's pulling the lint off the towels. :)

You should send Wolfgang an email and ask them about that. It would be big problems if they have a batch of product out there that doesn't perform well. I'm sure they would appreciate knowing about it. I'll ask around and see what I can find out. My Wolfgang QD is from a prior formulation and doesn't have any problems. I'll have to buy a new bottle and see what it does. Curious.... what brand towels did you get from Autopia? Do you remember?

OCDETAILS BLOG

well all the labels were trimmed from my towels like a good autopian should do....:lol: but i was able to search back in the forum and it was a Neat Items microfiber towel group buy and the ones i got were a mint color, which was suppose to be the softest of the 3 choices available. Bought them from a character called High Noon.

Archived