LegacyGT.com

Low RPM = engine shut down

If the problems with the car dieing at idle were caused by the bad gas,which I doubt they were, the bad gas wouldn't hurt the fuel pump or the level sensor.

Fuel level sensor would only effect the fuel gauge reading. Should cause any driveability issues. When a fuel pump fails, it usually causes problems at WOT and higher loads first, not idle issues only.

I think you still have a problem that hasn't been found yet.

I dont know man, they are subie mech, if they said fuel pump fails, it fails... again, i have no clue

I will not take my car to two of three Subaru Dealerships in my area. Don't trust them.

I do consider that probability but paying 2, 3 dealerships to check-up my car is kinda outta my budget limit. I call the service manager, he said 99.9% sure the pump was gone, so if the problem is still there I can bust him

Ever get this figured out?

Fuel pumps leaks..

3 injectors failed..

Spark plugs failed (replaced just 5000 miles ago)..

O2 sensor could've gone bad (still waiting to put eveything together and do some test drives)

Next Wednesday, I will have the answer about the O2, my insurance company already issue a $3400 check for the repairs (no O2 sensor yet).

and THIS IS WHAT KILLED MY CAR, now YOU TELL ME ALL THE GAS QUALITY ARE THE SAME!?!?

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/3343/05282010430.jpg

sludge or dirt?

who's insurance paid out? Get the gas station to pay up. They're required to keep clean tanks

Sludge

my insurance paid me for repair but I have to pay them $500 deductible, they will pursue the gas station, if they win, I can get that $500 back.

I'm really pissed now, no car to drive for almost a week, and gotta wait for the parts to arrive until next wed. I'm doomed :eek:

Wow thats nasty! That's great that your insurance is helping you out on this. When the stations get their fuel delivery it can also stir up all the crap in the bottom of the tanks. Unfortunately theres almost no way of knowing when it will happen.

Wow thats nasty! That's great that your insurance is helping you out on this. When the stations get their fuel delivery it can also stir up all the crap in the bottom of the tanks. Unfortunately theres almost no way of knowing when it will happen.

I'm thinking about to sell this car after it get fixed

it will have 4 brand new fuel injectors + 2 rails, fuel pump, and 4 spark plugs. Dealer dropped the gas tank and clean everything inside, lol

I want something less delicate (like a v6 camry may be?!)

I remember my father telling me at a young age, before I could even drive, "If you see the delivery tanker filling the tanks, go somewhere else." Unfortunately if you just missed the delivery, you have no idea of knowing :eek:.

I'm thinking about to sell this car after it get fixed

it will have 4 brand new fuel injectors + 2 rails, fuel pump, and 4 spark plugs. Dealer dropped the gas tank and clean everything inside, lol

I want something less delicate (like a v6 camry may be?!)

:confused: You want to drive a FWD autotragic (not sure if your LGT is 5EAT or 5MT) vehicle? Coming from an LGT I think I'd have a hard time enjoying a Camry. I don't think I could ever drive FWD again.

I remember my father telling me at a young age, before I could even drive, "If you see the delivery tanker filling the tanks, go somewhere else." Unfortunately if you just missed the delivery, you have no idea of knowing :eek:.

:confused: You want to drive a FWD autotragic (not sure if your LGT is 5EAT or 5MT) vehicle? Coming from an LGT I think I'd have a hard time enjoying a Camry. I don't think I could ever drive FWD again.

Lesson learned... I actually didn't see any tanker that day :(

Only things keep me consider about the camry is low maintenance and better mpg :lol: (cheaper insurance may be?!!)

I will give my gt another chance...

If nobody has mentioned it yet, it may be an OCV (oil control valve). Happened to me and many others. The valve fails to pull one of the intake cams back from high rpm position and causes rough idle and stall. I didn't get the CEL (P0021 I think it was) until it had happened several times randomly.

If nobody has mentioned it yet, it may be an OCV (oil control valve). Happened to me and many others. The valve fails to pull one of the intake cams back from high rpm position and causes rough idle and stall. I didn't get the CEL (P0021 I think it was) until it had happened several times randomly.

dealer said CEL showed up after 2 hours test run. 3 cylinder misfired... So they just went a head to replace all the injectors and plugs. Not sure if that cure the problem YET...

Due to long weekend, my car wont get fixed until this Wed...

• 2 months later...
Any news on this? I have the same problem. I swapped out both OCV sensors and it didn't do anything except possibly make it worse. It can barely idle now, but sounds fine at 1500 and up.

My car has been back for couple months now,

Dealer replaced my injectors, fuel pump, v-belts, o2 sensor, fuel rails, and the car still stall

They told me my car was short on voltage, and to get the battery replaced... When I took off from the dealer, I still hear some loud belt noise, engine bay smell like sh@t, so I decided to give this car one last shot, popped up the hood, I saw the alternator was smoked black, well... I replaced it, the car comes back to life since then....

so my advice, you should check your alternator, smell it, visually check to see if it turns black, listen to the engine bay if there is unusal loud belt noise... most likely, the alternators failed

Archived