LegacyGT.com

How much trouble am I in??

collegemt

Last night coming home from work I came out of the parking lot a little hot and as I was turning my back end drifted. There happened to be a cop in the parking lot, he wasn't happy.

I got a speed exhibition ticket (5 points) and a ticket for my exhaust and a madatory court date...

thought?

I would say your cool. Show up to court looking very nice, like suit nice (trust me this makes a huge impression), and be very apologetic. My guess is it will be dropped down a couple points which will leave you in the clear if you were worried about loosing your license.

Just out of curiousity what county were you in when this happened?

Last night coming home from work I came out of the parking lot a little hot and as I was turning my back end drifted. There happened to be a cop in the parking lot, he wasn't happy.

I got a speed exhibition ticket (5 points) and a ticket for my exhaust and a madatory court date...

thought?

Ugggh.. that sucks. I got busted about 2 months ago for speed exhibition, etc. I could have been nailed, could have gotten a roadside sobriety (I would have passed it, but still that sucks to do it), etc. Cop let me off with "improper lane change" (2-pts) with an automatic mail-in plea-bargain to "defective headlight" (1-pt). I thought for sure I'd end up with the ticket you did.. or more. I was very lucky.

Anyways... I don't think that is a good ticket. Lofthouse's statments are probably on the money.. just hope they plea-bargain otherwise 5 pts is a LOT and I think you'd see it on your insurance premium.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I would say your cool. Show up to court looking very nice, like suit nice (trust me this makes a huge impression), and be very apologetic. My guess is it will be dropped down a couple points which will leave you in the clear if you were worried about loosing your license.

Just out of curiousity what county were you in when this happened?

I hope I will be okay. It was in Arapahoe county.

I think if I go to court and be apologetic they will lower the fine and also might offer a plea bargain.

I sure hope they dom because my wife won't be happy if our insurance sky rockets.

I just went in for my Northglenn ticket as well. I should have had wreckless (6 points) along with speeding. Cop wrote me up for careless (4 points). Prosecutor offered plea bargain for defective vehicle (2 points).

The prosecutor in Northglenn was handing out plea bargains like they were an after christmas sale. I saw 8 cases go before mine and points wise everything being offered to take the plea bargain was 1/2 of what the original ticket was written for.

That said if you think you can get off with a lawyer it might be worth the upfront cost as Ashole mentioned. The Denver prosecutor might not be as nice as mine and your ticket was for speed exhibition so it seems a little more offensive (IMO) as you kinda more knowingly performing your act.

They will almost certainly offer you a plea. A lawyer could probably get you off the hook completely. If you accept the plea deal the original ticket still shows up on your record.

If you accept the plea deal the original ticket still shows up on your record.

Really?!? Did not know that.

BTW, Adam, I've taken advantage of the group legal insurance offered by our employer. It costs $3.43/week. I've had it for a few years and haven't used it. Not sure if you opted for this coverage, but if so... use it!

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

• 1 month later...

Archived