LegacyGT.com

Emissions Question.

Blackrose

Can we do catless up and down pipes and still not throw a code?

With proper engine-management, yes, this is easy. And you won't even flag any sensor readiness issues.

Will you pass visual, though?

That will depend on knowledge-level as well as thoroughness of your inspection personnel.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ You should be golden, then. :) Modern engine-management will mask the DTCs in a way that they will show up as completely normal, and all sensors will read as "Ready."

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

^ NP. Glad to be of-service!

Ohio's "E-Check" is the biggest crock of bull there is (with the visual, my DSM, with a test-pipe, passed without questions :lol:), and this is something that newcomers to the Subaru community routinely ask of those of us who've lived in the affected counties. :)

I was running no cats and I had to space the second O2 sensor out. They make 1/2" and 1" spacers.(help section at autozone) I used the bigger one. It would kick on randomly once every 3 - 4 months. Now I've got an AP and they ignore that sensor. Good Luck!

Archived