LegacyGT.com

Air Filters

So I know this has been discussed before but I need to get a new one and debating going with a reusable one or the cheap drop in one, at least until the top mount intake is done:rolleyes:. Here are the few I am looking at

K&N

Green

Fram

OEM

What do you guys use? Price? Happiness?:confused:

K&N is great, but it's costly. I think mine ran me $40, but it'll last forever and it gives a noticeable difference in performance. The OEM one that was in mine before was a piece of shit, and was falling apart when I took the airbox out to inspect it. If you're going to use yours for the tmai then get the K&N, but then again we don't know the dimensions yet. you think we should just keep it to spec with the stock airbox so everyone can use their old filters?

if your gonna spend 40 bucks on a k&n filter think of the 150 ish it would cost to put a performance intake system on, I know the weapon R's are cheap, and thats what i would recommend as there foam filters are indestructible ( same air filter for 7 years on my car, never been cleaned..... )

I will be replacing mine because after 7 years there are visible dust particles inside the foam but im still getting good flow with it.

as my mechanic states K&N gives you more air, but it gives you more dirt aswell. so in longetivity point of view a stock air filter is better.... I would throw a cheap one in and then get a intake, it will make your car sound amazing, give your car better airflow without sacrificing filtration and you wont regret it :)

Im not a fan of the modded airbox either a intake is the way to go.

Archived