LegacyGT.com

So my accessport seems to be broken...

Went to go log some 3rd gear pulls today, and my accessport broke! It's working when connected via usb to my laptop, so it looks like it's just my display.

Here is where it gets interesting. I call Cobb, and they are going to fix it under warranty, but I need a copy of the invoice from when I bought it. There is no way I kept the invoice :spin:, so I call up Jeremy at Fred Beans Parts. He had a copy of my invoice and got it to me fast. I can now send in my AP and hopefully I'll be back up and logging in a week or so!

Thanks to Jeremy at Fred Beans Parts. I have never gotten anything but excellent customer service, and because of it they will be continue to get my business :)

yea similar things happened to mine and it wasent fixed under warranty and it was only like a bill of $30 but i lost all of my maps:( and had to get my car pro tuned again for $350. too bad cobb doesnt work with a macbook other wise i would have saved my maps

That's crazy I wonder what happened. Was your AP working just fine and then during the pull it broke on you, or did you just happen to notice it when you went to go log?

Well I tried to log on the way to my destination, and I got a communication error. I unplugged the AP while I went into my datacenter, and then plugged it back in when I got in the car. That is when I noticed the screen was toast.

yea similar things happened to mine and it wasent fixed under warranty and it was only like a bill of $30 but i lost all of my maps:( and had to get my car pro tuned again for $350. too bad cobb doesnt work with a macbook other wise i would have saved my maps

I guess I was lucky that it broke during the warranty period. But I had the exact same concern... My $575 worth of pro tune maps. Luckily for me, I was still able to access the AP via my (work) windows laptop. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. You should roll over to the powertrain forum. There is a cobb rep asking what we want. OSX support should be standard IMHO.

I thought FredBeans was simply swapping broken APs so that you'd get a replacement quicker and they deal with Cobb after. No?

It's possible they do that, I just didn't know. However, I did call Cobb first. I work in the IT industry and I am pretty used to RMA'ing gear w/ the manufacturer rather then the retailer. Guess it's just a force of habbit :)

I run all my Cobb software on a Mac!

Either run Parallels or use a dual-boot with boot camp!

I run all my Cobb software on a Mac!

Either run Parallels or use a dual-boot with boot camp!

Yeah, but that's not native and it requires another operating system license. Your still running your Cobb software on Windows.

It's possible they do that, I just didn't know. However, I did call Cobb first. I work in the IT industry and I am pretty used to RMA'ing gear w/ the manufacturer rather then the retailer. Guess it's just a force of habbit :)

We do still offer that service.

Thank You for all your kind words finse! :)

had my AP die when i went to go get my stage III tune & had to wait to drive the car till i shipped it out there and had it fixed. it happens. Mine broke while sitting in a box in my bedroom closet... good to hear your on the way to getting it fixed

Yeah, but that's not native and it requires another operating system license. Your still running your Cobb software on Windows.

Technically yes.... it also pays to know someone with a copy of Windows 7 who doesn't mind lending you the disk ;).

Archived