LegacyGT.com

96 Stereo and amp install Help

Hello New to the Forum

And I need help with a stereo and amp install. :redface:

My buddy just picked up a 96 legacy and we plan to put alot of work into it for a nice daily driver. All the mechanicals check out But the head unit is blown.

I already ordered a new Deck and wire harness for that. We have a couple of 10s and an amp to run them.

Couple things I need some advice on.

1 Is there a very common or well known Hole in the firewall that is used to run an amp power line?

2 Is there a common place in the trunk where a ground Line is mounted?

3 Removal of the stereo.

I have read around about the stereo and what I have gotten so far is the two screws above the radio in the cup holder. and The two under behind/near the ashtray. Is there any other spots I should know about when installing the stereo?

Thanks and sorry if this is in the wrong area of the forum. :redface:

I have read around about the stereo and what I have gotten so far is the two screws above the radio in the cup holder. and The two under behind/near the ashtray. Is there any other spots I should know about when installing the stereo?

Then 4 more to pull the head unit out of the dash. Ebay has cheap head unit adapters for your car. Like said just find a rubber garment and slide the wire in.

i found it was a pain in the ass to run wire through the rubber tube into the front door. i used a coat hanger and shoved it through and used it to pull the wire. the rear was easy though.

for the sub in the back i ran the wire under the kick plates then beside the seat shoved down where you can's see it.

• I Donated
I grounded my amp to the seat belt bolt when I wired up my amp. Just find yourself a random rubber plug to go through. All of the interior panels come out really easy, so running all of your wires hidden shouldn't be a problem

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

K thanks for all your help guys. ( and the quick replies )

I got the power line through a grommet for the hood release i believe thats what its for. And the Amp is grounded to one of the seat belt bolts.

All I need to do now is install the subs and Then the project is done.

Archived