LegacyGT.com

Legacy Needs Shoes

spb

wow! :spin: thanks for posting your link. i will stay away from spt caps.

did you install the tires in the end? how do you like them?

I went with the Continentals, and so far I really like them. I only have about 1000 miles on them, but I have no complaints so far. Dry and wet handling is good for an A/S tire, and the tires are quiet. They are slightly louder than my old yokohamas, but the grip is better, so it is an acceptable tradeoff.

phenryiv1, i went for the continentals as well, same model as you've got. what pressure are you using? Mine feel noticeably softer than stock Yokohamas. I tried increasing the pressure but they are still a bit soft. It is nice when you are on a straight line, but in turns is a different story..

Also I got some steering wheel vibration... tire or installation flaw?

phenryiv1, i went for the continentals as well, same model as you've got. what pressure are you using? Mine feel noticeably softer than stock Yokohamas. I tried increasing the pressure but they are still a bit soft. It is nice when you are on a straight line, but in turns is a different story..

I will have to check my pressures. I have not bothered to put the gauge to them. I am still waiting (almost 2 weeks later) for the new TPMS components to come in for the needed repair job. I kept saying that I would confirm the pressures once that was done (since the tires will be pulled again soon).

Also I got some steering wheel vibration... tire or installation flaw?

Could be either. Try swapping the fronts for rears. If the vibration changes, it might be a balance issue, which can be from a variety of reasons- tire defect, bent wheel, lousy job balancing an otherwise "fine" tire...

phenryiv1, i went for the continentals as well, same model as you've got. what pressure are you using? Mine feel noticeably softer than stock Yokohamas. I tried increasing the pressure but they are still a bit soft. It is nice when you are on a straight line, but in turns is a different story.

Spb-

What size did you end up going with? That may explain the sidewall issue, as I believe that the different sidewalls may have different speed ratings, which impacts rigidity. I may be mis-remembering that, but if you went with a 205-50, it may be less rigid than my 225-45s.

Archived