LegacyGT.com

2.5i Clutch Disc,.. Where to buy????

GEE-OTTO

So my 2008 Legacy 2.5i has been having some odd problems (100% stock never launched, and veteran footwork in play all times clutch wise) Over the 2 years of owning my legacy it has driven well ive swapped the diff fluid twice both times for Extra-S (liquid sex) no problem. for the last 5-6K miles i can hear a ringing from the gear box and I get chatter under decel. Not Cool.

Called the dealer he said this could be the sign of a bad PP or TOB if so it will be replaced under warranty at no cost BUT i would have to pay for the clutch disc b/c that is a "wear" part not covered under warranty.

I just found the disc but it states "Impreza EJ253 99-07 RS/2.5i " nothing for a 08 Legacy 2.5i ?????:confused:

The clutch disc for your car is P/N 30100AA851, $117. This P/N appears to be common with non-turbo Legacies, Imprezas and Foresters going back to the early 2000s.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

-Rick

IMO you may want to upgrade the qualitity of parts in there. I'm not a big fan of the OEM clutch set up.

See if the dealer will offset the cost of a better pressure plate.

I'm sure Fred Beans can help you out with pricing, they have some nice aftermarket stuff.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived