LegacyGT.com

USDM spec b Bilstiens seem to be 1/2 higher than stock on my LGT2.5

stepinrazor

I just installed a set of 08 Bilstein USDM spec b takeoffs on my 08 Legacy GT. I didnt measure before and after but after installing them it seems like the front is riding a little higher. When I measured from the ground to the bottom sill front to back, the front was sitting 1/2 higher.

Is this normal? I'm guessin that's to compensate for the extra weight of the six speed. When I read thru the bilstein posts, it seemed like it was the same height. I thought only the wagons would have the saggy but syndrome but the sedans were fine.

Would the 06 spec b springs make this better?

Thanks Vsick, but I used the entire stock takeoff so I figured that it should be level front to back. The only thing I can assume is that the USDM spec b takeoffs ride a little higher up front because of the 6 speed tranny.

I'm trying to figure out if I used spec b springs from the 06 if it would be any different since I believe the 06 only had the 5 speed tranny and pretty muched weighed the same.

Otherwise I guess I'm gonna have to get pinks but I didnt want to have to pay that much more money

Is this normal? I'm guessin that's to compensate for the extra weight of the six speed. When I read thru the bilstein posts, it seemed like it was the same height. I thought only the wagons would have the saggy but syndrome but the sedans were fine.

Would the 06 spec b springs make this better?

Its normal. The Spec B tophat is thinker than the regular one. a 3/8 spacer will even it out. i have aftermarket springs and my front is still higher.

I've been running pinks since day one on my car. No problems with stock struts or now my HD Bilstiens. Ride is firm but is not uncomfortable by any means.

Which pinks did you get? Since you are also running the Bilstiens on an non specb we should have the same weights.

Is the drop even front to back. Right now I'm OK with the back but the front is definitely about a 1/2 higher then the back

Which pinks did you get? Since you are also running the Bilstiens on an non specb we should have the same weights.

Is the drop even front to back. Right now I'm OK with the back but the front is definitely about a 1/2 higher then the back

The pinks I'm running are 05 JDM pinks,not sure of the type:confused:

My car sit's level although I did buy the rear spacers just in case the front sat high,but I didn't need them as the car sat level with out them.

Do a search for "rear butt sag spacers",they may be what you need.

Archived