LegacyGT.com

Need another car

I'm looking at a 5mt Yaris 5-door or a 2011 6AT Fiesta

The Yaris is cheaper and probly more fun to drive.

The Fiesta is a 6 speed auto, which I really like and it gets better mpg.

This is to be my 2nd car econo box to and from work car.

Any thoughts?

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

If range was not a huge issue and I was in the market for a small car I would be going for a Nissan Leaf.

www.cannondale.com you fat ass..

Dont you mean Canyonero? :lol: (Shes a squirrel squasher deer smacker driver machine)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6qpQzK2Rj4&feature=related]YouTube- Canyonero Song[/ame]

Guest heightsgtltd
Fiesta is getting better gas mileage than either the Fit or Yaris. With the 6speed, its 40mp highway plus you get Ford of Europe car which is not a bad thing

I put a deposit down on a TDI Golf back on March 20th, still waiting for it to come in. Hopefully before June 30th so I can get the full tax credit. You owe it to yourself to test drive one. They are not your father's diesel.

Personally, I'd go for the Fiesta since it's more fun (aesthetically and physically) than the Yaris.

Plus, if you're in the Mafia/Game Ranger business, there'll be enough room to fit a zebra's head in the back! (Top Gear reference)

40 mpg may be great and all but is it bearable every day? I'd have to get a little more car and live with "only" 34-35 mpg as a result.

Hopefully your commute is long enough that you'll notice the monetary savings from the better gas mileage. If it isn't like 100+ miles a day then you're just punishing yourself for very little savings.

Customers always leave gasoline at the shop after we swap them to e85. My outback is on e85 and not a "true" flex vehicle so it can't drink it. I don't want any yucky gasoline in it anyways. So gas is essentially free for my 2nd car.

I need a 2nd car cause I want to do long term projects on the OB. The Yaris would be about $14,000 and the Fiesta about $15,500. The Fit would be almost $17,000 and I'm not in love with it's styling so it got dropped.

Sidenote: I can hear the ice cream truck outside. I'm in an industrial park. Creepy or Awesome? Must resist urge to run outside.

Modern automatics usually match or beat manual tranny cars for a few reasons. They are now much smaller and lighter. They have more gears than older at's (and even some mt's) They are more likely to shift at the right points for mpg than most people would an mt. The Fiesta's auto uses a clutchpack to disconnect at idle... no load on the engine at a stop like a conventional torque converter.

Ideally, I would love a diesel OB as a second car, but that's more work than what's planned for my OB. Any diesel's on the market now are out of my price range.

I didn't even think of the Fiesta till this last weekend. I had been pretty set on the Yaris for months. But the Fiesta is only a little bit more than the Yaris and I know the Fiesta has proven itself in euro trim.

Toyota has 5 years no intrest. Ford said they couldn't match that, but I didn't really get into deal making yet.

Other problem is I could go buy a 2010 Yaris today. I can't even see a Fiesta in a showroom, they're not around yet. They also can't give me a set delivery date on a pre-order either.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

The ice cream truck is creepy only if you are surrounded by little girls in line or if the truck is driven by a clown.

Free money (zero financing) is hard to beat...especially for a car that will essentially be an appliance.

On the other hand, this will be the "date car" when the Outback is under the wrench for long periods...hmmmmm. You're not married or gay by any chance?

It is still ugly.

Fiesta is getting better gas mileage than either the Fit or Yaris. With the 6speed, its 40mp highway plus you get Ford of Europe car which is not a bad thing

Agreed.....Really liking what Ford has been doing. Only thing left for them to do is bring the Focus RS over...ops wrong thread..:lol:

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived