LegacyGT.com

Learning View Off, Low Boost any ideas?

Balrock

I'll try and make this short and sweet. Tune has been on for over a year, so it's not that. Tried different gas at various locations and all 93. Drives fine and then all of a sudden it will only boost to about 10psi. IAM off as well. Reset the ECU and it was like it never happened other than the negative #'s. I'll also post a "normal" LV as well. If anyone has any ideas please advise. I have a datalog if it will help, but all I have is image hosting. Where can I host files? Thanks in advance.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc138/balrock01/Hocking%20Hills%202008/418LV1.jpg

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc138/balrock01/Hocking%20Hills%202008/15May10psi.jpg

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc138/balrock01/Hocking%20Hills%202008/16mayreset.jpg

no idea man. perhaps its adding timing just because IAM is lower? I see you only get positive timing correction when IAM < 1.0

I am guessing we can ignore the DTC because you did not connect the MAF sensor?

Correct! Good catch. I had the intake off when I pulled the one LV and that is where the DTC is from.

What IAM does your tune cut off WGDC, or shut off boost control?

The only knock I see there is lower load knock, and a number of people have had this. I ended up tuning around it, and my ECU doesn't listen to knock below about 1.3 load.

Some clutches and LWFW may do this.

It just started to do this. I am not sure where the values are set, as Infamous tuned the car. I just can't see tuning around something that was never there. That is why I was wondering if this could be something mechanical or electrical causing. Also where the positivr values are added I have never had those before in any LV, ever. I just want to make sure the car is healthy before the FMIC next sunday and the retune. Thanks for the input!

Positive values are normal when IAM is below 1.0. That just shows the ECU experimenting with less timing reduction, to see if it's safe to return IAM to normal.

Boost cut is also normal with reduced IAM, though the IAM at which boost gets cut can be adjusted by the tuner. I have the threshold set very high so that if it drops at all, I will notice.

I had IAM drop a little while back after I replaced a blown intercooler coupler. Apparently the one that blew had a small leak in it, which I had never noticed and just tuned around. So, when I put on a new one, I wasn't leaking, so the car started running a bit lean, so the ECU pulled some timing.

What mods and maintenance have you done since the last time you verified your tune?

have a tdo6-18g, 740's, avo pump, headers, Cobb HFC DP, Perrin TMIC, K&N intake. Did a pressure test after the issue and it was holding. Done data logs here and there and checked LV as well. It all started when it was VERY humid and been goofy here and there ever since, but don't see how that would have caused the issue. changed plugs less than a year ago with one step colder and sis a compression test too just to check that and all was well. Just kinda came from nowhere. That why I am:spin:

when you install the FMIC just take a look at everything and try to hunt down a small leak. And tell your wife to stop beating on the car and racing people. :lol:

She does not beat on the car. She drives a performance vehicle in a performance manner. Racing is bad...mmmmmKay! :p

Since the issue started, you mean?

Yes. Once I lost boost, I took the intake off and checked for leaks, but did not find any. I may have to look again. I checked the LV with the intake off and that gave me the DTC codes. Reset the LV and it ran fine, except the negative LV numbers started to come back and then eventually the IAM drops and boost. If it is just a leak or noise I will look for that this sunday when the racerX going in. Thanks for the replys.

Archived