LegacyGT.com

Good place to go shopping... in MA/NH/VT

jproy12

Hey everyone,

I'm wondering, I'll be driving down to the WBM (Wicked Big Meet) in June, and I was wondering, what are some good places to go shopping?

I'm driving from Canada, so its a 4-5h drive from the border, and was wondering some good places to go shopping, as in big shopping malls with a lot of variety of clothes?

Anywhere from Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts near the I-91!

Thanks

JP

There might be some shops in Lebanon, NH right where 89 and 91 meet. Since I'm assuming you'll have to pay duties on whatever you buy when you head home I'd recommend trying to stick with NH as we have no sales tax- no need to pay it twice right? There are some outlet malls in northern NH that everyone goes clothes shopping at, but I'd need to double check their location as I've never been.

As well as malls in Concord, Manchester, Nashua, Salem and Portsmouth/Newington but none of those are on your direct route.

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them

-Ronald Reagan

There might be some shops in Lebanon, NH right where 89 and 91 meet. Since I'm assuming you'll have to pay duties on whatever you buy when you head home I'd recommend trying to stick with NH as we have no sales tax- no need to pay it twice right? There are some outlet malls in northern NH that everyone goes clothes shopping at, but I'd need to double check their location as I've never been.

As well as malls in Concord, Manchester, Nashua, Salem and Portsmouth/Newington but none of those are on your direct route.

Thanks! Actually outlets are really nice thing! I remember loving shopping there when i went down to Florida!

Keep me posted! Really looking forward to shopping!

JP

Yeah they're in Tilton, NH (exit 20). It wouldn't be the most efficient route by a long shot, but if you get onto 93 in Mass and just ride it north, do your shopping you'll intersect with 91 a little ways south of the Canadian border. I've never been (I have rather bland taste in clothing, what can I say? :lol:) but people go crazy about shopping there, something like 50 stores. The folks from Massachusetts go up there to buy stuff because they have sales tax and we don't. :D At the same time, if you stuck to 93, you'd also be able to hit the malls in Salem, Manchester and Concord before heading to Tilton, if you really wanted to go crazy. haha

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them

-Ronald Reagan

+1 for the premium outlets.. seeing as you're Canadian, I can tell you for sure you'll blow your socks off at the pricing. It's relatively on the same direction.

Also, the Natick mall is off 90 (mass pike) Again, it's off the path, but is now supposedly the biggest mall here. Again, nothing compared to a West Edmonton mall (if you even know what that is.. hehe).

But, you'll be super happy with variety and prices at the wrentham outlets.

Kittery Maine outlets are similar, but not quite as good.

:whore: for Wrentham Village Premium Outlets... they are probably at least an hour out of your way... some stores are better than others.

:whore: for the "Natick Collection" (rice_rocket has the name wrong, haha)... really good selection, some really nice (and expensive) stores here. Also the food options in and around the "Natick Collection" are excellent. PF Changs might be the best food ever.

Just my .02

OMG please don't say PF changs is the best chinese food ever... might as well go to the food court!

JK, the food is "okay" but it is in no way chinese at all....

As for the new name of the natick collection... so sue me if I'm so old I go with the old name.

please note, I did not call it Chinese food at all. The food there is just very very well prepared, everything is so tender, cooked perfectly. I'm not a food connoisseur so I couldn't tell you what good food really is, all I know i could eat there every night and not get sick of it.

Hehe I bug all my friends whenever they call it real chinese food... especially if they are chinese :)

Is there really any "chinese food" restaurants around. My father has lived/worked in China 15 years. He loves Chinese food as long as he does not know what it is. He despises "chinese" food in the US.

If you want to stay on route, come down 89 to 93 south to 3 south (everett Turnpike) and take the last NH exit to Pheasant Lane Mall. It's not all that super duper upscale or called an outlet mall, but you pay no sales tax on anything.

For Mass stores, there is no sales tax on clothes.

Archived