LegacyGT.com

Advice on water/methanol injection. Who has it/what do you think?

Bump for an only thread.

I am going to install WM in my Legacy Wagon, not for power but for reliability. The so called premium we get over here (Trinidad and Tobago) is rated 95 but its probably less.

What I would like to know, or see is where you guys installed your tank. Inside the engine bay is not desirable. Inside the trunk area is but I am worried about possible spillage/ leakage. Anyone has any ideas or tips they are willing to share?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. Jamaican here. I install in the trunk. I run 50/50. I Massaro yen a lot so I have had spills and leaks. It evaporated. For best results get a maf or injector following system. If using a system that uses boost as the only reference rub 20/80 Wm.

P. S, if you gonna install it for reliability it's a waste of money. Just detune your car to safer settings. Otherwise, install for more power and get even a 20 percent increase. Safely.

Man from yard.

Reason why I said reliability is because I've already gone thru an engine because of the questionable fuel here. My car already produces an ample ~285bhp and I would like to keep it there without having to cough out another 2k for an engine swap. Maybe in the future I will retune and go for bigger power.

Do you have any pics of your install? Also, what system are you using?

Custom engineered meth controller that follows MAF. With low pressure and low level failsafes. You really shouldn't be worry about blowing engine up, and what I've found with these 2.0T engines is that oiling and cooling plays a major part of its longevity. Install an oil cooler, use a oil with HTHS rating of 4.0 and over, and avoid top speed runs.

Cost me 2 engines before a former WRC rally engineer enlightened me.

My meth system while under development failed a lot of times and i could audibly hear the knocks. Engine still lives and races every sunday. Stock factory engine.

Archived