LegacyGT.com

LGT 5MT tranny case?

Prog

Hi there,

Recently i was having some clutch noise which seemed to be a problem with the clutch release bearing. Before i could drive it to service, the release bearing apparently blew up and supposedly the bearings damaged the transmission case on my LGT. The gears and everything else in the tranny are supposed to be fine, just supposedly the case itself seems to be damaged. I tried googling for OEM transmission case but have had zero luck and i wanted to get an idea of what the case alone might cost...

its a bone stock 05 LGT 5MT with about 56k miles.

:(

I think both halves are like $400 from the dealer, but it's been a while since I checked.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Without knowing your specific VIN, it looks like the '05 case is ~$427 + shipping. I'm not sure if they can be sold directly or not. I will have to check with the manager here on Monday.

See "32100" in the diagram below for reference.

In the future, I would recommend a "TSK3" kit to prevent this from happening. Basically, if the TOB seizes up on the transmission quill, it destroys the case. With the TSK3, you use a special TOB that fits over a stainless steel sleeve that goes on the transmission case. If it ever seizes up, just replace the sleeve and TOB. Sorry to hear you had this happen.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2056/5mtcase.jpg

I have a case ill sell to you for 300+shipping/handling. It proll still has fully working 1-2 5 final gears as well. Case is perfectly fine.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

Archived