LegacyGT.com

Anyone running 500lb springs on RCE Tarmac 1's PM me

Drew888

I have a feeling that 500# are better for me that my 400# but need a ride to confirm.

Anyone??

Thx,

-Drew

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

RCE never got back to me after offering to pay the $385 for the 500# springs. Think Myles is pissed at me for asking for a discount?

If you are planning on staying in the 300whp range the 450# springs are fine They work great. It was not until 400whp that I started to have issues. I got things dialed in ok right now but have to set the dampers far stiffer than they should be. They will blow a seal for sure soon enough.

Im betting the 500# and Tarmacs adjusted for them may actually ride better than what I have now.

probably. the tarmacs ride very nice. i have no complaints there. my problems are high speed related and the way i drive the car. i too think i would be pretty happy with the 500's. i should try myles again.

Why not order from somewhere else?

I'm not convinced they are special.

Measure the length and diameter and lets go shopping.

• 4 months later...
Drew, did you ever upgrade your springs? I'm picking up a set of Tarmacs, and want to upgrade the springs also. Do you have to get them revalved if you switch to 450/500?

Never did, everything was put on hold until I sort out motor issues.

Once I get my car back and broken in I intend to get a ride in a car w/ 500# springs and compare back to back. First on the street and maybe a little on track then I'll post up my personal (and very subjective) opinion. 400 to 500 I suspect a difference but I'm thinking not a huge one. Eh, we'll see.

I'm also very eager to get a ride in Mikes car when it's all running good ;)

I'm looking forward to hearing reviews of mike's car too.

Coming from 6k/8k BC's to the 7k/7k tarmacs, if anything I will probably get 9k rears unless I can get used to the square set up.

Laguna is scheduled for 11/28, hoping to get this sorted out before then.

Never did, everything was put on hold until I sort out motor issues.

Once I get my car back and broken in I intend to get a ride in a car w/ 500# springs and compare back to back. First on the street and maybe a little on track then I'll post up my personal (and very subjective) opinion. 400 to 500 I suspect a difference but I'm thinking not a huge one. Eh, we'll see.

I'm also very eager to get a ride in Mikes car when it's all running good ;)

We should get your car, then my car, then get blown away in Mikes car. I'm sorta interested in what the stiffer springs w/dual adjustment would feel like.

Sounds like a plan... now if only Mike (and his car) are up for it.

Laguna 11/28 huh..... Hmmmm

With what group?

Its not me, its the car. That and money, time, life. I need probably 10k to finish the car right now. Then I need another 2-3 weeks of solid time to devote to finishing. Then I need to tune it.

It really sucks. I spend sooo much time working on other Subies and never have anything left for mine. Now I know what everyone meant about the mechanics car being in worse shape than the customers. There are friggin cobwebs hanging from the wheels to the floor. Even cob webs in the holes where the top hats should be. Parts everywhere. I am embarrassed, its a mess. I have even raped parts off her to get customers cars back on the road at this point. Poor thing. If we move, I am gonna have to trailer her out of the garage.

Anyone wanna run the business for a few weeks and loan me some cash so I can get done? More than happy to supply Whiplash rides to all.

Sorry guys. The more I think about it. The more 2011 looks like the finish line. Its depressing. I make car payments on a car that is not even a full car anymore. Maybe I should take a picture. It is Halloween. It is a friggin Frightening sight.

Great to hear business is going well for you Mike, sucks to hear that your car is out of commission.

Drew, I'm planning to run with NCRC, intermediate group, $185 for 5 sessions on 11/28.

Also considering Infineon Sears Point for $225 with Trackmasters Racing on 11/20.

Gotta put that front diff to good use!

For $300 it is worth a shot. Thats a really low price. I was figuring on spending at least $1k to get a new(er) one.

I paid ~$600 for my MFactory front diff. I friggin love it. It's because of this diff that I don't consider selling the car. I'd also like to add a better rear diff eventually.

/end threadjack.... sorry.

Hey guys, so I'm having trouble with my tarmacs. I tried to raise the height so I can fit wider wheels/tires, but after an hour of driving it lowers back down to the original height.

Am I raising the height correctly? I just moved locking collar under the spring up the shock base. Is there something else I need to do to keep that height change?

Or is my shock possibly blown?

Springs hold up the car. Shocks stop it from bouncing on the spring. Sounds like your collars are slipping for some reason. Did you lock down the set screw? Is the set screw stripped? Are the coil bodies stripped? Weight of the car should just about keep the spring in place and not let the perch spin. Something is up Got a pic?

Archived