LegacyGT.com

How do you get your wife to let you make mods to your car?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
marriage is give and take..ive only been married a year now..and my wife, like most loves to shop..if and when i want something depending on price i get it right away..if its expensive i will ask her first..shes pretty understanding, if she does make a fuss, i just bring up her new purse or belt..good luck convincing, if she isnt a shopper, you might have a problem

eh I just make sure the stuff I need breaks in some way. Then I would spend the money for the aftermarket part.

Good news is if you modify enough, things will break without your assistance, and you will have plenty of "need" for new parts.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

My wife owns the turbocharged car on a great platform for modifying....that's why she's the one with the mods so far. I own the beater civic SI with lots-o-miles.

I agree with the aforementioned "hobby account". It's the best way to go, for both of you.

I've been married too long. She's been ignoring things that I do.;):wub:

I also impose military policy on my mods....."Don't ask, Don't tell.":cool:

"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

Its called be responsible with your money. If you're having to choose between new wheels and electricity to your house/apartment, you're messing up.

Make sure that she knows that car modding is a hobby and that you enjoy the time spent under the car or in the engine bay. If you spend your money wisely while doing it and your wife has problems with it, it might be time to get a new wife.

Touche! Hell she dropped 2k to help pay for my paint job on my Beretta, and I paid her back, and now she just BOUGHT me the Legacy... and she KNEW what came with that one. She's not dumb, and neither am I... Right now I'm not doing much as far as performance on the Leggy since I do already have a car that I drop money into. Over the next year or so I may do a set of rims and maybe lower it, but she was fine with that when I mentioned it. But first on the list is maintenance... THEN I'll do performance. Gotta make it last before making it go.

Dont tell her! that one usually works for me although when I brought home the 2000 Camaro Z28 a month ago and didnt tell her when she asked where it came from I told her I was letting one of my friends keep it in the garage because he didnt have one, after a month of me driving it and fixing things on it I think she is catching on. Maybe one day she will figure it out ;)

Dont tell her! that one usually works for me although when I brought home the 2000 Camaro Z28 a month ago and didnt tell her when she asked where it came from I told her I was letting one of my friends keep it in the garage because he didnt have one, after a month of me driving it and fixing things on it I think she is catching on. Maybe one day she will figure it out ;)

Sounds like an honest, healthy relationship :p

Archived