LegacyGT.com

08-09 LGT Pricing

So, I have done my research. I'm looking for an 08-09 LGT with less than 20K miles. Here's the thing, I have checked NADA, KBB, and Edmunds. They all say the car will bring about 24K retail, yet I see them for sale at dealerships for $24,999 all the time. No way the dealer is going to only take 1K off to sell it. How much did you guys pay for something similar?

So, I have done my research. I'm looking for an 08-09 LGT with less than 20K miles. Here's the thing, I have checked NADA, KBB, and Edmunds. They all say the car will bring about 24K retail, yet I see them for sale at dealerships for $24,999 all the time. No way the dealer is going to only take 1K off to sell it. How much did you guys pay for something similar?

1K isn't that much, especially depending on which price that is. If its a sticker price, you can usually find the same car on the dealers website for 2-3k less.

There were a fair number of 09 LGTs sold for ~25k new, last year due to the poor economy and new 2010 models, so 24k definitely seems reasonable.

Also, Subaru markets are VERY regional. If you're willing to travel you'll get a better deal. I wound up buying new, simply because used LGTs were selling for almost as much as new.

1K isn't that much, especially depending on which price that is. If its a sticker price, you can usually find the same car on the dealers website for 2-3k less.

There were a fair number of 09 LGTs sold for ~25k new, last year due to the poor economy and new 2010 models, so 24k definitely seems reasonable.

Also, Subaru markets are VERY regional. If you're willing to travel you'll get a better deal. I wound up buying new, simply because used LGTs were selling for almost as much as new.

I see what you're saying. I would never buy a car that's only 4% lower than the sticker though. Maybe I will expand my search when it becomes time.

I purchased a 08 spec.B in Feb with 32k miles on it for just under $26k. KBB and NASA were both had the car at a value of between 24-25k. I purchased a car with a stage 2 already professionally done (by EFI Logics here in CT) and i was confident it was a good buy. I would have done a stage 2 myself and would have spent another 3-4k easy. Good luck with your search though just my .02 cents
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

I would say definitely look around for deals, but don't pain yourself trying to find a "steal" on the car. You'll end up frustrated and car-less. Just find a clean LGT with the features (mileage, mods, etc) that you want and pay a price that you think is fair.
It's cool; I'm with the band

I would say definitely look around for deals, but don't pain yourself trying to find a "steal" on the car. You'll end up frustrated and car-less. Just find a clean LGT with the features (mileage, mods, etc) that you want and pay a price that you think is fair.

Good point. I'll probably drive myself bat $hit crazy! I'm ok at getting deals though. I got 3K off my last car. Private sale though. I would pay about 24K, but its gotta be a gem. Thankfully, I'm in no rush. ;)

Archived