LegacyGT.com

Mod on the seat?

So this may have been talked about and I've seen a few threads on how the seats wont lower very far. But my question is, has anyone actually taken the front seats out to see if there is a way to lower them? I am 6'2" and i really would like the seat to sit lower to the car. Just wondering, anyone have any insight on this?

Huh... Well I was looking into putting in a track seat for a short time and found that it was fairly easy for us non-power guys (im also a unlimited05) to change out the driver seat. I think the passenger seat is much more complicated due to airbag sensors.

I do find that when I scoot the seat all the way down I am happy although it is slanted slightly wierdly.

Were you wanted to change the driver seat or both?

(EDIT: I would have gotten a seat if I could find one that was easy to switch out but did not want to live with it all the time - I am 230lbs!)

Yea i don't really care about the passenger side as much. My wife is on 5'4" and she fits in it nicely. (We are the classic "big guy" "small girl" couple) I just hate feeling like i'm on the back of an elephant. My buddy has a G35 Coupe ( i know its a sporty car) but i love that his seats sit low to the ground. It always gives the illusion that your going faster than you are.

Edit: his G35 can be mod'd with the stock seat to sit even lower to the car. I just was curious to see if anyone had found something similar for our cars.

Well i didnt say i didnt fit in the seat, i fit just fine and i really like the seat. As a matter of fact its better than any other car ive owned. I was just curious if anyone had figured a way to lower the seat. If there isnt a way (which it seems there isnt) i wont really care.

05_Silver_GT, is your complaint by chance regarding the fact that you have no support under your upper legs and the seat seems to support you literally just by your ass? I got the same qualm as you then. I got used to it though and almost forgot about it. I have NEVER had any sort of body pain due to the seats and brother, trust me I have driven MANY hours nonstop, the most was 16.

Ha i have read in a few threads that a lot of people don't like that aspect of the car, and i will admit i'm not fond of it either. I recently drove to Wyoming, (about an 8 hour trip) and i't was annoying to have my legs go numb. But thats not my complaint. In reality i don't have a complaint at all. I was just curious to see if anyone had found a way to lower the seat more than stock height. I guess you could say i became envious of my buddy when he showed me the seat mod in his G35.

I do appreciate your responses tho. Thanks for trying. Maybe ill take the seat out one of my free Saturday's and just have a look to see what possible could be done.

05_Silver_GT, is your complaint by chance regarding the fact that you have no support under your upper legs and the seat seems to support you literally just by your ass?

^ DEFINATELY the problem I have with the seat. Down as far as I want it... The base of the seat feels like it is slanted downhill toward the front of the car too much. All pressure on ass not over seat of pants. No way I could go 16hours in those seats. 4 hours to San Diego and back and my a$$ is asleep.

Do power seats sit lower? I would think not... just curious, because I read a lot of complaints about seat height and headroom on 4th gen LGTs. I'm 6'3 with an '08 LGT (power seats of course) and actually have mine raised some and moved an inch or two from the back..... of course I realize body proportions will be different for everyone... I have tried lowering it all the way and don't like the view...

I guess I like "feeling like i'm on the back of an elephant" :lol:

Do power seats sit lower? I would think not... just curious, because I read a lot of complaints about seat height and headroom on 4th gen LGTs. I'm 6'3 with an '08 LGT (power seats of course) and actually have mine raised some and moved an inch or two from the back..... of course I realize body proportions will be different for everyone... I have tried lowering it all the way and don't like the view...

I guess I like "feeling like i'm on the back of an elephant" :lol:

Maybe i just need to change my body proportion? :lol:

Archived