LegacyGT.com

08 spec B clutch-> 05 lgt?

panamajack

My guess is no, mainly because they are completely different transmissions. 5spd vs 6spd.

Although when looking at FredBeans they don't have a specific fitment for LGT clutches and Spec. B. If I were you I would just contact someone from FredBeans they always are very helpful with pre purchase questions.

I've done quite a bit of research lately with the SpecB vs. STI components, but I don't know much about the GT 5MT components.

I'm going to venture to say no, and here's why: What I know about the SpecB flywheel is that it is a single-mass unit, just like the STI's. The difference is it's a slightly larger diameter and slightly heavier than the STI's. From what I have seen the 5MT in the GT is a dual-mass flywheel.

I've done quite a bit of research lately with the SpecB vs. STI components, but I don't know much about the GT 5MT components.

I'm going to venture to say no, and here's why: What I know about the SpecB flywheel is that it is a single-mass unit, just like the STI's. The difference is it's a slightly larger diameter and slightly heavier than the STI's. From what I have seen the 5MT in the GT is a dual-mass flywheel.

The stock flywheel is dual mass, but it can be replaced with a single mass from the 06 wrx, or any other single mass flywheel that "fits".

This being said... I do not believe the same flywheel from a 5spd will work with the 6spd, but that's only a guess...

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

No.

The 6MT clutches will smack the bellhousing in a 5MT case. The flywheel fits fine, it's the pressure plate that has the problem. You COULD grind the crap out of the bellhousing to get it to fit, but that's pretty ghetto.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Yeah. I read on nasioc that some have done it. The Spec/STi clutch is slightly stronger and the better flywheel. Apparently there is some bellhousing grinding that is done. Unless you really want to get nuts, I would say no. Sorry.

Archived